Official Trade Rumors Thread

mafra

Legend
Wait, what? Why would we do that?

I like Tobias, personally, and feel he would be a nice SF partner to wedge in between KP and Timmy.... plus, I believe he?s a local kid. WHG is redundant, if we plan on keeping Kanter, and he would be better than anything NYK will select in the 8-12 range.

He?s 25, 6?8? and averages 18/5/2. Almost 15 mil cap hit next season then an UFA summer 2019.

Ergo, NYK could sign a Kyrie for a max then re-sign both Harris and KP (bc they would Knicks and thus NY could go over cap to sign each to whatever they want).

With KP and Tobias in place, NYK would be attractive to a 2019 free agent (Kyrie and KL).

Kyrie
Knits
THJr
Harris
KP

This starting 5 might get us to the promised land.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
One NBA source said the Knicks inquired about the Nets? 23-year-old defensive forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, but Brooklyn asked for a first-rounder. That the Knicks? pick is looking more like a lottery selection makes it virtually untouchable.

KCP and RHJ = NBa title!

Well, maybe not...

Broadway

All Star
The KP extension will cost more for NYK to wait until next summer.... but by waiting, NYK can first sign their free agents then extend KP.... this allows them to play with the numbers (bc they could go over cap at that point to sign their own guy).

I only re-sign Kanter, MB, And/Or McDermott if they want to accept ?backup? money... I like Kanter and want to keep him bc he?s a natural leader and has toughness but he?s blocking WHG and isn?t worth starting money. I?m fine keeping Kanter if it?s at a reasonable cost.

I do think it?s easy to deal expiring contracts.... that idiot Walsh traded Crawford and Randolph and gave away assets to dump salary.... only to watch MIA show how easily it is to shed an expiring contract moments before snagging LeBron.

LT and Lee should be easy to deal next deadline. Noah might require us taking back a contract.... You rarely see a team toss in a first when dumping an expiring.... but, for Noah, we?ll probably have to either take back a bad contract or simply cut him, reducing cap hit (although extending it some).... this would be fail safe move and only done after a free agent decides to sign with us...

This would be like when we picked up option on Billups only to amnesty him when we signed Amar?e.

We can't, #kporzee extension has to be agreed upon Oct of 2018(by the last 2weeks of month). If the extension is not given or agreed to #kporzee then becomes what essentially is an Restricted Free Agent. If so, his restricted status would come at a cap hit of his 2018-2019 salary at a multiplier of 250% or 300% which comes to about $14-21mil.

Which route you think we're going with him? I bet all my coins he gets his October offer extension, otherwise his brother is gonna turn him on us thus his cap hit will be 30% of cap(which I project to be about $105-108mil by 2019)...the math comes to about a $32mil cap hit.

We could only do what you're suggesting if we were over the cap not under

mafra

Legend
We can't, #kporzee extension has to be agreed upon Oct of 2018(by the last 2weeks of month). If the extension is not given or agreed to #kporzee then becomes what essentially is an Restricted Free Agent. If so, his restricted status would come at a cap hit of his 2018-2019 salary at a multiplier of 250% or 300% which comes to about $14-21mil.

Which route you think we're going with him? I bet all my coins he gets his October offer extension, otherwise his brother is gonna turn him on us thus his cap hit will be 30% of cap(which I project to be about $105-108mil by 2019)...the math comes to about a $32mil cap hit.

We could only do what you're suggesting if we were over the cap not under

It depends on our cap situation.... Perry will probably talk to KP and lay out his vision.... if he convinces KP that what?s in the team?s best interest is also in KP?s best interest.... to learn from Melo?s error... then KP might buy into it.

It?s basically, do I want my extension now and risk it lowering chances of building a winner sooner.... or wait 1 year... knowing the team is absolutely committed to him and the future.... showing him you can use this to sign almost 2 max players...

It?s defintely a conversation they?ll have.

Dolan doesn?t care about the money. If it makes sense to pay KP more money, but that means you skirt the cap and by doing so it permits more free agency maneuvering.... Dolan won?t care. He paid almost 100 mil for Jax to run team into the ground and allowed PJ to hire and pay 3 coaches simultaneous.

On the other ha d, if what Bondy wrote is wrong, and waiting until next summer doesn?t give the team an advantage whatsoever with cap manipulation.... then, obviously, yeah... the extension will be offered before next summer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Trade deadline might be next week.... but it has begun:

Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley and Boban Marjanovic have all been traded to the Clippers.

The Pistons are also sending a first-round and a second-round draft pick for Blake Griffin, Willie Reed and Brice Johnson. Harris could slide right into the starting small forward role alongside Danilo Gallinari (glute) once he's healthy and could see a bump in value with this move since the Clippers have limited firepower. On the other hand, this could be bad news down the stretch if the Clippers scrap their playoff hunt and embrace the tank.

IMO they did it because they were going to lose Bradley in FA, Probably lose Harris in FA after next season. With Blake they have him locked in for a number of yrs.

But Tobias and Bradley and the pick could have all gotten back good players in separate deals and built a deeper team imo. Blake is owed a lot of money and is injury prone.
Wow! It took coach Doc 5 yrs to finally land a winning SG Bradley to add to the Clippers rotation lmao.
I believe the Detroit Pistons would've been a dangerous threat in the postseason games if the Pistons wouldve had Reggie Jackson / Bradley / Griffin / Drummond.

tiger0330

Legend
Trade deadline might be next week.... but it has begun:

Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley and Boban Marjanovic have all been traded to the Clippers.

The Pistons are also sending a first-round and a second-round draft pick for Blake Griffin, Willie Reed and Brice Johnson. Harris could slide right into the starting small forward role alongside Danilo Gallinari (glute) once he's healthy and could see a bump in value with this move since the Clippers have limited firepower. On the other hand, this could be bad news down the stretch if the Clippers scrap their playoff hunt and embrace the tank.

Stunning trade, there were rumors about trading DJ but none about Blake.

6 games remaining until the trade deadline, we probably go 2-4 or 3-3 these 6. A record more likely to make us sellers at the deadline if we can get assets back, I don't want to see any Quinn for Jamal Crawford deals unless it includes a pick or CLee for George Hill. I've never been impressed with the Knicks front office and so far all I've seen is a top heavy staff of fat cats so maybe this trade deadline they can change my opinion of them by turning CLee LT and Quinn into something the Knicks can use for the future.

Kiyaman

Legend
Stunning trade, there were rumors about trading DJ but none about Blake.

6 games remaining until the trade deadline, we probably go 2-4 or 3-3 these 6. A record more likely to make us sellers at the deadline if we can get assets back, I don't want to see any Quinn for Jamal Crawford deals unless it includes a pick or CLee for George Hill. I've never been impressed with the Knicks front office and so far all I've seen is a top heavy staff of fat cats so maybe this trade deadline they can change my opinion of them by turning CLee LT and Quinn into something the Knicks can use for the future.

I want to keep Quinn !!!

mafra

Legend
CHI assumes the 12 mil cap hit next year (Omar and Mirotic contract basically identical), pays remaining portion of this year?s salary AND gives up a good player.... all to get the 15th pick (or something close to this).

Not seeing why CHI is doing this, other than condoning behavior of Bobby Portis.... and moving on and forward.... anyway, this is good news for NYK bc this might mean 5 more Ls or more this season for da Bulls.

From NO?s perspective, they dealt a 1st to dump a useless contract and to bring in a rotation player.... would we send away a protected first to dump Noah and bring in a rotation player?

tiger0330

Legend
Woj is reporting the Pels/Bulls deal is not happening for now. Mirotec has a no trade clause in the first year of his deal and a team option in his second, doesn't want to go to the Pels unless he's guaranteed next year's salary. NO may need his cap space if they re-sign Cuz making him reluctant to OK the trade.

Wall and Love both out 6-8 weeks. Does this hurt or help NYK?

If I was Washington and Cleveland, I?d just ride these injuries out. Both Wall and Love should be back in time for the playoffs. I?m guessing these injuries don?t really affect us much.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
There may be some Knicks players that need to be traded or cut before the Feb. trade deadline but more importantly the Knicks organization need to rid it self of two incompetent head coaches Hornacek and assistant coach Rambis.
Hornacek n Rambis has a long coaching career of LOSING road games .. it seems losing road games are O.K. to the Knicks front office .. TANKING for a 2018 lottery pick .. when the Knicks front office should be interviewing to hire Head coach Mark Jackson and Jason Kidd asap before the Feb. trade deadline.

What's up Kiyaman! Do you really think we need to get rid of Hornacek? I have no idea why Rambis is still around.
Hornecek would not have been my pick as coach. I would have fired Phil and hired Tibs. I just don't like this trend of bringing on new coaches every 3 to 5 years. The team's not going to get any better over the next year years. We're lottery bound. Might as well keep the guy until we get the right pieces then send him is walking papers for the coach we want.

Kiyaman

Legend
What's up Kiyaman! Do you really think we need to get rid of Hornacek? I have no idea why Rambis is still around.
Hornecek would not have been my pick as coach. I would have fired Phil and hired Tibs. I just don't like this trend of bringing on new coaches every 3 to 5 years. The team's not going to get any better over the next year years. We're lottery bound. Might as well keep the guy until we get the right pieces then send him is walking papers for the coach we want.

One .. the Knicks need to hire a decent assistant head coach with the capabilities of being a head coach.
Two .. The Knicks do need a permanent head coach .. Hornacek is not that coach!

I wish our front office had the power to give the next Knicks head coach a contract similar to the contract the Detroit Pistons gave to SVG