Other NBA games and League

Broadway

All Star
Simmons is more like a red shirt freshman not a true rook from the last draft. I love Mitchell, didn't really follow him when he was in Louisville but he can ball, I guess the knock on him was his size he's listed generously at 6'3" but he's more like 6'1" without shoes. I don't know if you saw that vid I made of a play he made against the Bucks and the last guy he beat was our fave human eraser The Freak. I don't know but if I was scouting for the Knicks, I couldn't see how you select Frank over Mitchell, I commented even before they drafted Frank that where was his athleticism. The thing he's got going for him is he's 19 so he's going to get better but it's like reading tea leaves about how much better.

Yeah I did see this, he's so sneaky sly with his athleticism. Knicks worked him out several times but of course Phil/Gaines had their mind made up many moons ago, hence Phil taking naps during workouts or not requesting kids to workout at all. Knits being 19 is par for course because his draft class(and draft prior 2yrs) produced many other talented 19 yrs olds too...it's not like his talent will go dynamic while his contemporaries stay static throughout his career. The size thing does not and will not ever fly with me especially when Fox/Mitchell/Monk/DSJ/Frank Mason III are all slight of build but appear to be far more talented.

Still wish we had drafted this guy...

Broadway

All Star
Hey Darren Collison and Victor Oladipo are both undersized for the positions they play, yet they are leading Indiana to the playoffs(as of today) in a season they weren't supposed to

Yeah I did see this, he's so sneaky sly with his athleticism. Knicks worked him out several times but of course Phil/Gaines had their mind made up many moons ago, hence Phil taking naps during workouts or not requesting kids to workout at all. Knits being 19 is par for course because his draft class(and draft prior 2yrs) produced many other talented 19 yrs olds too...it's not like his talent will go dynamic while his contemporaries stay static throughout his career. The size thing does not and will not ever fly with me especially when Fox/Mitchell/Monk/DSJ/Frank Mason III are all slight of build but appear to be far more talented.

Still wish we had drafted this guy...

Like I said before, I?m sick over how we didn?t draft Mitchell. He is the 2-way player we needed. Dammit.

All this continued love for DSJ? Don?t get it. 14 points per game on 38% FG shooting and 29% 3-point shooting. 4 assists to 3 turnovers per game. Defense isn?t good. Mavs are 5 - 17.

This is the Mudiay thing all over again. I just don?t see what everyone else loves so much.

mafra

Legend
Not only did we take Frank over the local kid (DM), but we made the decision without benefit of a private workout. A real gamble....

I think it boiled down to size and passing.

Let's remember that DM is basically 2 years older too. We better see, come 2020, that we made the wise choice!

Broadway

All Star
Like I said before, I’m sick over how we didn’t draft Mitchell. He is the 2-way player we needed. Dammit.

All this continued love for DSJ? Don’t get it. 14 points per game on 38% FG shooting and 29% 3-point shooting. 4 assists to 3 turnovers per game. Defense isn’t good. Mavs are 5 - 17.

This is the Mudiay thing all over again. I just don’t see what everyone else loves so much.

The efficiency thing may sort itself out with all of them but please don't look now most of these rookies aren't efficient at all. Even the darling of the day Mitchell. What you do is take their best moments or games(how frequent) and stack them against each other to see greater separation

Broadway

All Star
Another great game from Mitchell tonight and there's still almost a whole qrt left to play...

Stat Line

24pts/3reb/3ast
7-16fg 4-8fg(3pt)

Broadway

All Star
Another great game from Mitchell tonight and there's still almost a whole qrt left to play...

Stat Line

24pts/3reb/3ast
7-16fg 4-8fg(3pt)

WOW he finished with 41 and they got the Win. He dropped 17 or more pts in the 4th. If he puts together a week or two of this current play Simmons you will have company.

mafra

Legend
Donovan Mitchell went off for a career-high 41 points on 13-of-25 shots in Friday's 114-108 win over the Pelicans, adding four rebounds, four assists and six triples in 37 minutes.
He joins LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Eric Gordon, Steph Curry and Blake Griffin as the only active players with 40+ point games during their rookie seasons. Mitchell couldn't even contain his smile as he racked up 29 second half points after a 12-point deficit at the half, leading the Jazz to their fifth straight win. He's been one of the biggest steals in fantasy drafts and it's hard to believe that the Nuggets traded him for Trey Lyles and Tyler Lydon. Mistakes were made.

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW he finished with 41 and they got the Win. He dropped 17 or more pts in the 4th. If he puts together a week or two of this current play Simmons you will have company.

Last night rookie Donovan Mitchell 41 points let it be known the 2017 draft class got double the star players than the 2003 star draft class.
For those who are hyped up over the high scorer players in the 2017 draft class its all good ..
I'm a 1969 Red Holzman championship Knicks fan .. the Knicks selected the right players out of the 2017 draft class .. a 2-way Frank Nitty and a 2-way Damyean Dotson .. tandem future star-guards.
The last type of player the Knicks needed out of the 2017 draft were another one dimensional scorer added to their roster, especially having a NTC ball-hog Iso-Melo on the roster.
Once the Knicks hire Mark Jackson as the head coach the Atlantic Division will become the top winning division in the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend
Like I said before, I’m sick over how we didn’t draft Mitchell. He is the 2-way player we needed. Dammit.

All this continued love for DSJ? Don’t get it. 14 points per game on 38% FG shooting and 29% 3-point shooting. 4 assists to 3 turnovers per game. Defense isn’t good. Mavs are 5 - 17.

This is the Mudiay thing all over again. I just don’t see what everyone else loves so much.

NO! We needed a 6.5 defensive guard that could lead the point .. we did not need another 6.3 scoring PG getting upset at NTC Iso-Melo taking the point on every offensive possession.
If we would have drafted DSJ or Mitchell 9 out of 10 we would'nt have been able to trade NTC Iso-Melo.
We would have had 3 dimensional scorers (Melo KP DSJ) refusing to play defense for our no-defense head coach Horn.
The Knicks did not start playing DEFENSE until Frank Nitty was put into the rotation .. we didnt play a lick of defense in the preseason games and we didnt play a lick of defense in the first 3 games of the season .. Kanter n KP did not start playing defense till Frank was on the court !!!

NO! We needed a 6.5 defensive guard that could lead the point .. we did not need another 6.3 scoring PG getting upset at NTC Iso-Melo taking the point on every offensive possession.
If we would have drafted DSJ or Mitchell 9 out of 10 we would'nt have been able to trade NTC Iso-Melo.
We would have had 3 dimensional scorers (Melo KP DSJ) refusing to play defense for our no-defense head coach Horn.
The Knicks did not start playing DEFENSE until Frank Nitty was put into the rotation .. we didnt play a lick of defense in the preseason games and we didnt play a lick of defense in the first 3 games of the season .. Kanter n KP did not start playing defense till Frank was on the court !!!

I agree with you for the most part, but I?m not sure this franchise knows how to develop a player like Ntilikina.

Mitchell is a good defensive player and came into the league as NBA ready as any of the guards.

tiger0330

Legend
No crying over spilt milk because Frank is our guy and Mitchell is in Utah but this is the craziest thing you ever posted, not drafting Mitchell for Frank. The kid doesn't even see the floor for most of the game and its looking like hes injury prone and you think hes the biggest reason for the Knicks defensive improvement.

Utah fans are going crazy for this kid, reminds me a little of Linsanity. He took over at the end in the win against the Pels after they went cold with Ricky running the show. Mitchell hit 3s, drove the lane for layups and they even let him shoot that tech Gentry got on a play. The kid has a legitimate chance to win ROY over Simmons. Tatum is in the mix for ROY also.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
No crying over spilt milk because Frank is our guy and Mitchell is in Utah but this is the craziest thing you ever posted, not drafting Mitchell for Frank. The kid doesn't even see the floor for most of the game and its looking like hes injury prone and you think hes the biggest reason for the Knicks defensive improvement.

Utah fans are going crazy for this kid, reminds me a little of Linsanity. He took over at the end in the win against the Pels after they went cold with Ricky running the show. Mitchell hit 3s, drove the lane for layups and they even let him shoot that tech Gentry got on a play. The kid has a legitimate chance to win ROY over Simmons. Tatum is in the mix for ROY also.

I will admit after 20 games .. rookie Simmons and rookie Mitchell remind me of rookie Lebron and rookie D.Wade all-around 2-way performance being in top NBA ready shape each game to be athletic n creative on both sides of the court. Simmon's outstanding point-forward performance deserve 30+ minute per game, Simmons remind me of Larry Bird n Magic Johnson outstanding rookie performance.
6.3 Donovan Mitchell combo-guard performance has been outstanding tandem alongside of SF/SG Hood ..
both players need double-team defenders at times, Mitchell is like 6.4 D.Wade where teams were skeptical of drafting a small SG in the top 10 picks.

The Knicks biggest problem the past few years were Iso-Melo, now the Knicks big problem is the coaching-staff starting with head coach Horn decision making .. trying to make a project KP into some future Knick star has to be complicated because KP has a low B.ball IQ (reminds me of Beasley).
The Knicks preseason games exposed coach Horn .. I was expecting to see a bench lineup of "Noah/WHG/Beasley/Dotson/Frank" in the preseason games .. while a lot of Knicks fans were looking to see a tandem of WHG n KP in a lineup .. which did not happen!
Head coach Horn did not figure out what players were best for the starting lineup during the duration of the preseason games, plus Horn has done nothing bout organizing the Knicks depth department of bench players in the preseason games to the first 21 regular season games.

I'm sorry to say, the little bit of playing time rookie Frank n Dotson has been receiving from clueless developing coach Horn has G League (Opiee) Baker where he belong as the 15th man on the bench. Its a shame how Horn gave Baker so much playing time minutes last season compared to the little playing time Horn has been giving to two high b.ball IQ rookie guards Frank n Dotson, who has excelled on both sides of the court. Horn does not put the 19 yr old rookie Frank in the same lineup each game to formulate a teammate pattern of confidence n chemistry to develop a 2nd unit lineup.

tiger0330

Legend
Rockets win their 7th straight vs the Lakers 118-95. Very impressed with the combo and chemistry of Harden and CP3, this 7 game win streak began with CP3 return to the lineup. The Rox wind up with two interchangeable PG and SG with Paul back, both great passers and scorers on any given night with Pauls D as a bonus. We might have a Rox Bos NBA finals but my money is still on the Cavs when IT is back.

Rockets snapped their streak of making 18 3pt shots in a game at 6. They only made 14 today, the most consecutive 18 3pt shooting games prior to this was 2.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Donovan Mitchell is really good. Almost played Westbrook to a draw. He's kind of like a Mini Wade with a 3pt shot. Tig was it you who said he might be the Jazz 2nd best player? I'd argue he's their best player

tiger0330

Legend
Donovan Mitchell is really good. Almost played Westbrook to a draw. He's kind of like a Mini Wade with a 3pt shot. Tig was it you who said he might be the Jazz 2nd best player? I'd argue he's their best player
No I didn't say he was their 2nd best player. Scored 31 tonight and Snyder has him playing the most minutes of anyone on that team, I agree with you he is the best player they have right now. He started slow like most of the rooks but it's hard to see him ending this hot streak because he's not just dependent on a 3pt shot that might go cold. He's a fearless, dynamic athlete that's oozing with confidence right now.

Broadway

All Star
No I didn't say he was their 2nd best player. Scored 31 tonight and Snyder has him playing the most minutes of anyone on that team, I agree with you he is the best player they have right now. He started slow like most of the rooks but it's hard to see him ending this hot streak because he's not just dependent on a 3pt shot that might go cold. He's a fearless, dynamic athlete that's oozing with confidence right now.

Yeah...Spot On!

mafra

Legend

Yeah, but Nitikilina is taller and he?s French! That has to mean something, right? Lol.

tiger0330

Legend
Found this quote about Lonzo on another site. Remind you guys of anyone on the Knicks?

I didn't watch any UCLA games so I don't know how he played last year but this year his "elite" passing skill includes mostly just passing off the ball off near the half court and then disappears in the corner at the 3 point line. He literally does that most of the game and when he does get assists, it's just him doing a simple pass to his teammate and they jack up a shot and it goes in. He didn't do any play making. Every now and then I see a nice look ahead transition pass but it's very rare. I have watched like 70% Lakers game because I'm intrigued on how he plays and he's such a ghost in 80% of the game.

Don't get the Lonzo Ball passing hate. Ball is 8th in the NBA in assists. If what he was doing with his passing was so easy, why are there only 7 guys in the entire NBA with more assists per game than him?

Ball's shooting is atrocious. The rest of his game is solid.

Ntilikina's defense is legit. On offense, he looks like he is still trying to play the triangle offense while the rest of the team has moved on. His poor shooting is hard to explain. On one possession, he is stroking a 3-pointer, on the next possession he's blowing a layup.