Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
Don't get the Lonzo Ball passing hate. Ball is 8th in the NBA in assists. If what he was doing with his passing was so easy, why are there only 7 guys in the entire NBA with more assists per game than him?

Ball's shooting is atrocious. The rest of his game is solid.

Ntilikina's defense is legit. On offense, he looks like he is still trying to play the triangle offense while the rest of the team has moved on. His poor shooting is hard to explain. On one possession, he is stroking a 3-pointer, on the next possession he's blowing a layup.
6'5" you would think he would be worth a couple of ESPN Sports Center highlight dunks by now. I'd like to see a few more plays out of the kid to at least show he might not be a bust.

mafra

Legend
Tatum leads NBA in 3-point shooting.... DM and DSJ explosive offensive players.... even young Collins in ATL looks good....

What did we get? A backup PG, at best? Brutal.

This is like us taking Jordan Hill in between the Curry & DeRozan selections.

The sad truth is.... bungling the Ntikilina picks probably means KP walks out the door ASAP.

Tatum leads NBA in 3-point shooting.... DM and DSJ explosive offensive players.... even young Collins in ATL looks good....

What did we get? A backup PG, at best? Brutal.

This is like us taking Jordan Hill in between the Curry & DeRozan selections.

The sad truth is.... bungling the Ntikilina picks probably means KP walks out the door ASAP.

Tatum and Mitchell are having great rookie years. Everyone else out of the 2017 draft are having their ups and downs.

You guys keep talking up DSJ, who scored 12 points on 4 of 16 shooting last night with only 1 assist in 25 minutes and I still don?t get it.

Ntilkina could give you 25% FG shooting with 1 assist if that?s what gets you excited, except he?d also play lockdown defense and have a better assist to turnover ratio.

Ntilikina is the 2nd youngest player in the league. He shouldn?t be our backup PG right now. If anything, he should be playing off the ball in our 2nd unit. Still not convinced he?s a PG, still think he might be more of a 2 guard. Needs to fix his shot first and foremost.

tiger0330

Legend
Tatum and Mitchell are having great rookie years. Everyone else out of the 2017 draft are having their ups and downs.

You guys keep talking up DSJ, who scored 12 points on 4 of 16 shooting last night with only 1 assist in 25 minutes and I still don’t get it.

Ntilkina could give you 25% FG shooting with 1 assist if that’s what gets you excited, except he’d also play lockdown defense and have a better assist to turnover ratio.

Ntilikina is the 2nd youngest player in the league. He shouldn’t be our backup PG right now. If anything, he should be playing off the ball in our 2nd unit. Still not convinced he’s a PG, still think he might be more of a 2 guard. Needs to fix his shot first and foremost.
Put Frank at the 2 guard and you take away his biggest advantage, his size. He's got to shoot better also regardless where we play him though. I still would pick DSJ with all his flaws over Frank, Broadway talked about ignoring the rookie stats in evaluating these kids, what you're looking for is that raw talent that'll separate them 2-3 years down the road. I think LeBron is right DSJ has that, just needs some consistency that'll come with time. I would love to say the same with Frank but his handle and shot need work, can't break down a defense and has average speed and athleticism. I said he's going to get better because he's 19 but I think he's got serious limitations esp as a PG.

mafra

Legend
?Here come the Bucks, 9-4 since acquiring Eric Bledsoe, with a new starting five outscoring opponents by a gargantuan 17 points per 100 possessions. They were right to dismiss the concerns over pairing Giannis Antetokounmpo with another so-so shooter who needs the ball.

Spacing can make up for a talent gap, but only so much. Talent wins. Bledsoe adds a needed dynamism in the half court and in transition...?

The ESPN article then goes on to discuss Kidd?s coaching style and ?what-if? scenario (if DeAndre Jordan is dealt to MIL).

tiger0330

Legend
Hey Darren Collison and Victor Oladipo are both undersized for the positions they play, yet they are leading Indiana to the playoffs(as of today) in a season they weren't supposed to
That kid Oladipo is something leading the Pacers to a win over the Cavs to break their 13 game win streak. He did the post-game interview and all he could do was talk about all the freebies he missed during the game not his season high 6 3s or 33pts in the game. Said he wanted to shoot 100 FTs after the game because you can't miss FTs and win games. He may get his first AS berth this season, the kid has the heart and desire to be a great player all he needed was the stage IND is giving him.

Last edited:
?Here come the Bucks, 9-4 since acquiring Eric Bledsoe, with a new starting five outscoring opponents by a gargantuan 17 points per 100 possessions. They were right to dismiss the concerns over pairing Giannis Antetokounmpo with another so-so shooter who needs the ball.

Spacing can make up for a talent gap, but only so much. Talent wins. Bledsoe adds a needed dynamism in the half court and in transition...?

The ESPN article then goes on to discuss Kidd?s coaching style and ?what-if? scenario (if DeAndre Jordan is dealt to MIL).

Remind me again why so many people on here got upset when I said that I was okay with trading Ntilikina or WHG for Bledsoe?

Broadway

All Star
That kid Oladipo is something leading the Pacers to a win over the Cavs to break their 13 game win streak. He did the post-game interview and all he could do was talk about all the freebies he missed during the game not his season high 6 3s or 33pts in the game. Said he wanted to shoot 100 FTs after the game because you can't miss FTs and win games. He may get his first AS berth this season, the kid has the heart and desire to be a great player all he needed was the stage IND is giving him.

Oladipo is a Top 5 MVP as of today...no debating.

Well I think Dipo had to learn the hard way and grow up. He came into the league with all this talent but instead of tapping into it at jump ball he spent too much time goofing off(constantly drawing attention to his singing and fun loving playfulness). When he got traded to OKC and became a clear 2nd-3rd fiddle player it probably woke him up. Especially playing behind WB who had no chill. I've been reading on various platforms that WB held him back but it doesn't add up. Durant became a league MVP playing next to WB and currently even as bad a mediocre season OKC is having...PG13 and Melo are both practically avg 20ppg.

Remember Dipo had a platform in Orlando who had no stars and were a very young team. He should've been the guy he is now, there...after his 2nd yr. He spent 3yrs there what was he waiting for? Sometimes players grow up at times unexpected.

A little undersized but once again an observation of criticalness I'll never buy. If you have talent and can play, you have talent and can play...END OF STORY!

Broadway

All Star
He's essentially the same player he's always been except passing even less. I think any adequate PG they traded for would've helped their team because of the pressure it took off Greak Freak and the versatility it gives them with their roster. The trade appears to be working for both teams in terms of what was needed.

I wouldn't have made that trade even if ever single team in the league had PGs worst than Bledsoe

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Oladipo is a Top 5 MVP as of today...no debating.

Well I think Dipo had to learn the hard way and grow up. He came into the league with all this talent but instead of tapping into it at jump ball he spent too much time goofing off(constantly drawing attention to his singing and fun loving playfulness). When he got traded to OKC and became a clear 2nd-3rd fiddle player it probably woke him up. Especially playing behind WB who had no chill. I've been reading on various platforms that WB held him back but it doesn't add up. Durant became a league MVP playing next to WB and currently even as bad a mediocre season OKC is having...PG13 and Melo are both practically avg 20ppg.

Remember Dipo had a platform in Orlando who had no stars and were a very young team. He should've been the guy he is now, there...after his 2nd yr. He spent 3yrs there what was he waiting for? Sometimes players grow up at times unexpected.

A little undersized but once again an observation of criticalness I'll never buy. If you have talent and can play, you have talent and can play...END OF STORY!

Denver had no answer for him tonight

Oladipo 47pts/6ast/7reb/2stl/1blk

tiger0330

Legend
Denver had no answer for him tonight

Oladipo 47pts/6ast/7reb/2stl/1blk
You didn't mention his FTs, which he was making. They showed a clip of him working on his FTs and one of the Pacers assistants said he shot a million of them. He's on a hot streak and I can't remember when I've heard that building that loud, they were rocking the place with MVP chants in the OT. He's doing it all too, getting on the boards, defending, shooting the 3, penetrating and passing. Collison was out with a sore knee and he was the best PG of Joseph, Young and him. That was a great trade for Indy if he keeps this up

mafra

Legend
Bulls spank BOS tonight. Maybe our loss in CHi not as bad now. Sure, we be 1-8 in the road but a lot of teams lose games in OKC, HOU, BOS, TOR, Indy.... yeah, the ORL, ATL, and CHi losses were disheartening.... but.... see what happened to BOS (sans Kyrie).

tiger0330

Legend
Bulls spank BOS tonight. Maybe our loss in CHi not as bad now. Sure, we be 1-8 in the road but a lot of teams lose games in OKC, HOU, BOS, TOR, Indy.... yeah, the ORL, ATL, and CHi losses were disheartening.... but.... see what happened to BOS (sans Kyrie).
CHA won in OKC easily. OKC has been playing good D but the D failed them allowing 40 pts in the 3rd period. Time us running out for OKC to fix this, do you think they can mafra?

mafra

Legend
Tough call.... Stephen A. Was talking this morn and mentioning how HOU is the spot for Lebron, not L.A. I say this, bc how invested is PG in OKC? Does he have 1 foot in the LAK door? Not sure why, bc they ain?t winning anything anytime soon.

I do think they have plenty of time to get this going.... their starting 5 is legit. They just need to RT things going. They do need some depth tho.... This is on Westbrook to make it work. Still, they?ll be a tough out in playoffs (just like SA).... probably not enough to beat GSW but enough to beat HOU.

tiger0330

Legend
No I didn't say he was their 2nd best player. Scored 31 tonight and Snyder has him playing the most minutes of anyone on that team, I agree with you he is the best player they have right now. He started slow like most of the rooks but it's hard to see him ending this hot streak because he's not just dependent on a 3pt shot that might go cold. He's a fearless, dynamic athlete that's oozing with confidence right now.
He was cold shooting 3s 1-7 but shot 15-26 overall and scored 32 pts.

Attachments

• DM dunk.jpg
    DM dunk.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 3

mafra

Legend
OKC beats PHI in triple OT.... perfect scenario if we have any hope beating Thunder at MSG Sat night.

tiger0330

Legend
OKC beats PHI in triple OT.... perfect scenario if we have any hope beating Thunder at MSG Sat night.

OKC isn't exactly unbeatable but Kiya suggested upping the pace right from the tipoff and bury them when they tire in the 4th. JVG nailed what OKC problem is trading away Enes, Doug, Oladipo and Sabonis who have proven to be good players on the Pacers and Knicks has weakened their depth. Shouldn't have gone to OT last night, Westbrook is having a subpar year, he missed 2 dunks, 3 layups and 2 mid-range jumpers in the 4th qtr in the win in PHI. I'd like to see Horn start Frank and have him defend Russ esp if KP is out tonight.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Rockets win their 7th straight vs the Lakers 118-95. Very impressed with the combo and chemistry of Harden and CP3, this 7 game win streak began with CP3 return to the lineup. The Rox wind up with two interchangeable PG and SG with Paul back, both great passers and scorers on any given night with Pauls D as a bonus. We might have a Rox Bos NBA finals but my money is still on the Cavs when IT is back.

Rockets snapped their streak of making 18 3pt shots in a game at 6. They only made 14 today, the most consecutive 18 3pt shooting games prior to this was 2.
ROX have now won 13 in a row and CP3 set a record of winning in his first 14 games with a new team beating Dennis Rodmans record of 13 wins with the Bulls. CP3 has the highest offensive rating in the NBA at 131.7 higher than Hardens rating of 122. I said it they got a chance against the Warriors who they play twice next month, look for those games as an indicator of the best team in the WC.

Broadway

All Star
Crazy to see the resurgence of the Bulls lie at the feet of Bobby Portis and Mirotic returning to the team, both being leaders of the bench mob...THE IRONY!

tiger0330

Legend
Crazy to see the resurgence of the Bulls lie at the feet of Bobby Portis and Mirotic returning to the team, both being leaders of the bench mob...THE IRONY!
Nik has been big in his return, I haven't heard him demanding a trade like he was doing so Portis and him may have made peace. 7 game win streak tells you this is not a bad team, I'd expect when Lavine returns they will be even better.