The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

The next report will have Denver asking for Fields, Mozov and Gallinari. It's looking more & more like the Nuggets are giving us the run around trying to make it look like they want to deal in good faith but they're just stalling to try & get Melo to panic so he accepts the extension with the Nets. I hope they end up losing him for nothing this summer would serve them right for how they handled this whole process.

Yeah they don't Deserve anything and I wish we could do that but we might not be able to sign melo in free agency because of the cba.do they want fields now?and when will melo most likely
Be traded?

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
The next report will have Denver asking for Fields, Mozov and Gallinari. It's looking more & more like the Nuggets are giving us the run around trying to make it look like they want to deal in good faith but they're just stalling to try & get Melo to panic so he accepts the extension with the Nets. I hope they end up losing him for nothing this summer would serve them right for how they handled this whole process.

Its a joke how Denver is handling these trade talks. Seems like they are just bitter and are panicing with the trade deadline closing in.

In the end he will be a New York Knick, the Nuggets just need to accept this fact and the quicker they do the faster they can move on.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Nets owner has no plans to meet Carmelo

Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov released a statement on Saturday that he hasn't met with Carmelo Anthony and has no plans to do so.
Prokhorov advised his team's management to "walk away" from the Melo negotiations back in January, and he appears to be somewhat sticking to his guns. This could significantly decrease the odds that New Jersey will land him, while simultaneously strengthening the Knicks' current offer. Feb 19, 2:45 PM

wow

STAT1

Starter
Yeah they don't Deserve anything and I wish we could do that but we might not be able to sign melo in free agency because of the cba.do they want fields now?and when will melo most likely Be traded?

NBA TV reported that the Nuggets were now asking for Mozgov & Fields instead of Gallinari and the Knicks wouldn't budge on that, so that seems to be the impasse at the moment. If the Knicks concede to those demands what's to stop the Nuggets from asking for more, that's sorta been their M.O. in all these discussions even with the Nets, they kept asking for more & more pieces to be added until they finally gave up & pulled out of the talks. My own guess is a deal is going to get done by tomorrow night, Melo clearly wants a resolution to all this and you have to believe the Knicks do too.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer

Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov released a statement on Saturday that he hasn't met with Carmelo Anthony and has no plans to do so.
Prokhorov advised his team's management to "walk away" from the Melo negotiations back in January, and he appears to be somewhat sticking to his guns. This could significantly decrease the odds that New Jersey will land him, while simultaneously strengthening the Knicks' current offer. Feb 19, 2:45 PM

wow

to me its sounding like the nets were never really back in this and that the nj fan media and the denver media manipulated everyone into thinking they were in it so that the Knicks would continue to up the offer. This is why the Knicks need to stick to their current offer and not budge.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer

wow

See, the Russian is all about enjoying what LA has to offer, our FO and ownership should too after this report. Melo will be in NY before our next game.

NBA TV reported that the Nuggets were now asking for Mozgov & Fields instead of Gallinari and the Knicks wouldn't budge on that, so that seems to be the impasse at the moment. If the Knicks concede to those demands what's to stop the Nuggets from asking for more, that's sorta been their M.O. in all these discussions even with the Nets, they kept asking for more & more pieces to be added until they finally gave up & pulled out of the talks. My own guess is a deal is going to get done by tomorrow night, Melo clearly wants a resolution To all this and you have to believe the Knicks do too.

thanks for letting me in on what's going on.

STAT1

Starter
to me its sounding like the nets were never really back in this and that the nj fan media and the denver media manipulated everyone into thinking they were in it so that the Knicks would continue to up the offer. This is why the Knicks need to stick to their current offer and not budge.

The report was that a deal was agreed upon in principle between the Nuggets and Nets, but unless Melo is willing to accept the extension it's all moot. I doubt it would have gotten reported as being a deal agreed upon in multiple news sources and on ESPN unless there was some validity to it. I haven't heard any denials from either the Nuggets or Nets that this was a false report.

tiger0330

Legend

wow
You go boy. Instead of Melo telling Prokhorov "I will not sign with you", it's the other way around, it's Pro telling Melo "I am not interested, kiss my Russian a**".

Same difference for the Knicks bargaining position, give them 2 of the 3 of Gallo, Chandler and Fields plus a first, let them keep Billups.

Oh and the Denver FO has to write Donnie and Dolan an apology for being dick weeds.

Alan Hahn just confermed this tweeting.....

" Second source today reiterated Carmelo will NOT sign an extension with the Nets. Melo won't go there publicly to avoid disrespecting Nets."

less than a minute ago