TYPE-A
Past champs...

Dirk all-star PF
Pao and Bynum all-stars
Garnett all-star
Duncan all-star
Shaq all-star
Duncan again... Shaq again...

Bigs make the difference. Offense (Kobe, Wade, etc...) gets the glory, defense WINS THE GAME.

smokes

Huge Member
Crap, I just read the Mavs are not interested in Billups. And since the new CBA none of those juicy 14 million trade exceptions are knocking around anymore.

Looks like amnesty is the only way, that's quite a blow.

Red

TYPE-A
Crap, I just read the Mavs are not interested in Billups. And since the new CBA none of those juicy 14 million trade exceptions are knocking around anymore.

Shump (or TD) under MOA should suffice and is worth adding Chandler for Billups.

Who else could he be used for that fits better?

Then **ck em, they were going to end up with something but now lets see them win another chip without Chandler or Billups/Turiaf.

smokes

Huge Member
Then **ck em, they were going to end up with something but now lets see them win another chip without Chandler or Billups/Turiaf.

Well I assume the front office will be shopping around 3 way deals that Dallas might be interested in but we all know that stuff is hard to get done.

It would just be a damn shame to lose our MLE and also the insurance policy of the amnesty clause.

jpz17

Starter
Tyson Chandler is a bum. WOW THANK YOU JAMES DOLAN!

Seriously will question EVER watching a Knicks game again if they get Chandler, cut Billups, and don't get Paul. What a BAD DAY

Red

TYPE-A
CP3 to the Lake Show. If true...

*waits for Ronfarina, Trill, and co. to

1. start b!tching

2. make a thread about how D WIll is better anyway

3. claim we could have gotten him or it's still possible after this season

SMH.

Get D12 please. don't know how but get it done before we are watching LA vs MIA for years!

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer

1. start b!tching

SMH.

Get D12 please. don't know how but get it done before we are watching LA vs MIA for years!

we're not getting Dwight Howard, it's not happening. It just isn't. It's too good to be true to have Melo and Dwight on the same team lollll.....and we dont have the space....

smokes

Huge Member

1. start b!tching

SMH.

The only way even remotely possible to get D12 is with Amare/Melo and D12 already said he doesn't want to play in NY. We are signing Tyson Chandler so it would be completely pointless.

The only good thing about this is Kobe has to slow down soon, CP3 has some injury concerns and D12 whilst being the best C in the league has not really shown the maturity or ability as a championship player.

I can still easily see LA winning it all with that team but there are a few tiny strings of hope to cling to.

Red

TYPE-A
we're not getting Dwight Howard, it's not happening. It just isn't. It's too good to be true to have Melo and Dwight on the same team lollll.....and we dont have the space....

Better get somebody because the idea of

LAL vs MIA in the next 3 finals won't be pleasing.

D12
D Will
Chandler
NeNe

some f*cking body... or the last few years will be for nothing.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Here's My Solution

4 Team Trade

Knicks- Tyson Chandler and DJ Agustine
Mavericks- Timofey Mozgov, Toney Douglas and 2nd Rounder(Den from NYK)
Nuggets- Chauncey Billups and Ronny Turiaf
Bobcats- Andre Miller and Bill Walker

Mavs- Add another center and get a pick, since they're losing Chandler anyway might as well get a big and a pick as well as TD who can replace Barea for cheap

Nuggets- Billups returns home and they got some frontcourt help, Billups knows the system better and can help with the scoring drop off they'll have losing Nene, JR and Ill Will

Bobcats- They get a mentor for Kemba who can also play in the backcourt with him unlike Augustine who is too small to play with Kemba, Miller also has an expiring deal so they have no long term commitment to him, Bill Walker can be an extra scorer off the bench

Knicks- After acquiring our starting 1 and 5 we can call up Jason Richardson since it looks like Chicago prefers Crawford with his ability to create his own shot better then J-Rich as well as be a knockdown shooter, we tell him if he wants to win a title come here throw him the full MLE with great incentives he'll be in an offense where he can light it up and he'll see a lot of open looks with STAT and Melo being doubled. Then we re-sign Shawne Williams, give the vet minimum to Arroyo and bring over Jerome Jordan. Dont pick up Rautins, Williams or Brown and leave Balkman for the IR he's a glue guy

C- Chandler/Jordan/Harrelson
F- Stoudemire/Jeffries
F- Anthony/Williams/Balkman
G- Richardson/Fields
G- Augustine/Shumpert/Arroyo

Lets go to War

Red

TYPE-A
The only way even remotely possible to get D12 is with Amare/Melo and D12 already said he doesn't want to play in NY. We are signing Tyson Chandler so it would be completely pointless.

The only good thing about this is Kobe has to slow down soon, CP3 has some injury concerns and D12 whilst being the best C in the league has not really shown the maturity or ability as a championship player.

I can still easily see LA winning it all with that team but there are a few tiny strings of hope to cling to.

D12 needs to either wait or refuse to sign with anyone but us.

I see...

Paul brings the rock up, alley oop to Howard... BANG! Paul passes to Kobe, turn around, BANG!

The LAL are the NBA champions!

or maybe... the Miami HEAT are NBA champions!

F*ck that.

That would make us, Bos, Chi, Mem, Okc... good entertaining fodder.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Looks like Tyson to the Knicks is pretty much a done deal. Since when is Tyson Chandler worth 58M over 4 years?!?! Am I missing something? We will have 2 players making about 34 mil a year between the 2 with bad knees and hitting 30! I thought the obvious answer was using either Amare or Melo to land Howard but James Dolan once again shows he is a detrimental owner!
Just think what a nightmare Howard/Amare would of gave teams!!! Or Howard/Melo!!! What the hell is going on with the Knicks! Unless they have a card up their sleeve that is so genius that no one can guess it.... They just made the knicks a mediocre/decent team but not one that will bang with the likes of Miami, Boston or The Lakers with C3PO! Howard/STAT or Howard/Melo would!

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Looks like Tyson to the Knicks is pretty much a done deal. Since when is Tyson Chandler worth 58M over 4 years?!?! Am I missing something? We will have 2 players making about 34 mil a year between the 2 with bad knees and hitting 30! I thought the obvious answer was using either Amare or Melo to land Howard but James Dolan once again shows he is a detrimental owner!
Just think what a nightmare Howard/Amare would of gave teams!!! Or Howard/Melo!!! What the hell is going on with the Knicks! Unless they have a card up their sleeve that is so genius that no one can guess it.... They just made the knicks a mediocre/decent team but not one that will bang with the likes of Miami, Boston or The Lakers with C3PO! Howard/STAT or Howard/Melo would!

of course we all want to trade for Dwight Howard but it's not happening. Orlando wants a kings ransom for him, which we dont have, AND Dwight has already said he doesn't wanna play in cold weather. You act like the deal is out there and Dolan simply won't make it. smh......

insanity4289

Benchwarmer

You sir are delusional

One that can't bang with the likes of Miami and Boston????

I would take this squad over MIA anyday. Please tell me who on MIA is going to get rebounds over Melo Amare and Chandler? Please tell me.

**** the whole idea of a big three, it leaves no flexibility.

Did we overpay for Chandler, YES! But how many players are in the league right now that can provide the defense and rebounding that he does? He is the perfect fit for Amare and this team. He is a player that doesn't need the ball to help this team.

smokes

Huge Member
of course we all want to trade for Dwight Howard but it's not happening. Orlando wants a kings ransom for him, which we dont have, AND Dwight has already said he doesn't wanna play in cold weather. You act like the deal is out there and Dolan simply won't make it. smh......

Exactly god damn people Dwight DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY IN NY HE ALREADY SAID IT!

There is no deal to get D12 to NY and he would never refuse to play anywhere else lmao.

Jesus ever the pessimists we are on the verge of making one of the best front office moves in the last 10 years and people are ready to shoot themselves because LAL got Chris Paul :lol:

KingCharles34

All Star

smh @ Dwight being a b*tchmade cornball

We dont want his b*tch ass here in NY this the home of Charles Oakley Styles P and Sheek Louch!!! Time to waive Rautins :lol:

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
I know this sounds crazy and I might only be suggesting this because its not my money, but wouldn't it make more sense to just deal with the lucury tax of Billups' contract this year in order to keep the amnesty clause in our back pocket?

The new tax rules don't apply for another two years.

I'd rather be able to use that on Amare's contract if something happens.