Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Miami Heat 5/8/2023 7:30 pm [Game #4]

metrocard

Legend
not only Randle is replaceable, getting rid of him would only enhance this team.

Randle is soft.
Randle playoff stats prove he isn't into big monents.
25 and 10 is some of the most empty stats I've seen since Jerry Stackhouse days when Detroit was losing 50-60 games a year.

Randle isn't a good player for winning.

Hes good for fantasy basketball aside efficiency.

You keep Randle on this team, our identity will remain soft.

If our highest paid player isnt feared or respected, we can't be taken seriously. Teams like Miami Boston and Philly will always feel like they have the edge because Brunson has to carry while Randle does nothing off the ball and waits to take a low percentage shot.

even if you're a Randlesexual, you can't admit hes recent in the playoffs. Find me a player who has worst stats in the playoffs then you'll actually be taken seriously in the forums. If you got to act like Randles best friend and blindly ignore his bad performance....are you even a Knick fan at this point? even logical Randle supporters would admit he was awful (again) in the playoffs.

You like carrying a conversation with me… don’t you Metro!!
You would know BB if it knocks on your door.
Your understanding is poor and it obvious. No one said anything about Randle playoff performance. If you can remember I have always said Randle isn’t the problem and he isn’t a #1 or #2 option. Go look it up…
What you read was the problem is the F.O. Which you don’t seem to understand is root cause of everything. As I stated he(Randle) is no more than a scapegoat for F.O. and people like yourself who don’t know talent.

For the record I’m not a fan of this current Knicks F.O . or team. When all are gone and there a fresh start I’ll be back.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Front office did bring in Brunson. Just sayin.
And Hart, the other Hart and kept our assets.... I guess they are doing a decent job.... if you look at our team since they took over, we are on the rise.... maybe not in the fastest way we are all wishing for due to the years of struggle, but we are on the rise....

Ski and who all did they(F.O.) get rid of to have this current team??
We had some good players but they weren’t give any playing time.
Question Ski… if F.O. didn’t change the offense so Brunson could be effective then would he have had success?? Think about IT… what was the offense before?? PG bring the ball up court cross the mid-court line and pass the ball!! CORRECT!!
If I’m wrong please tell me… Just saying!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Ski and who all did they(F.O.) get rid of to have this current team??
We had some good players but they weren’t give any playing time.
Question Ski… if F.O. didn’t change the offense so Brunson could be effective then would he have had success?? Think about IT… what was the offense before?? PG bring the ball up court cross the mid-court line and pass the ball!! CORRECT!!
If I’m wrong please tell me… Just saying!!

I could answer that one .. head coach Thibs offense has always been the SAME in Chicago, Minnesota, and N.Y.
No ball-movement strategy to score, just players talent to score ISO 1 on1 half court offense.
Playing each team best ISO 1 on 1 scorers 40 minutes a game .. D.Rose/Deng/Butler/KAT/Randle/FO Barrett/Brunson.
Playing 6.9 Randle at the PG position for 3 seasons to the point Randles useless at the PF position.
The Knicks biggest problem starts at having an assistant coach as the head coach.
Mark Jackson should be the Knicks (Brunson) head coach.

How about Burks!!
How about Dotson!!
How about Knox!!
How about Frank!!
Burks and Dotson could have been very valuable this last series, huh!!
The only one of the four who got a chance to play is Burks and that because Phil didn’t draft them.
Ski, you playing BB or you playing favorite?? It certainly looks like favorites, huh.
In BB( especially Real BB) all you care about is whether he can PLAY!!
Did the offense get changed for any of those three?? NO!!

I could answer that one .. head coach Thibs offense has always been the SAME in Chicago, Minnesota, and N.Y.
No ball-movement strategy to score, just players talent to score ISO 1 on1 half court offense.
Playing each team best ISO 1 on 1 scorers 40 minutes a game .. D.Rose/Deng/Butler/KAT/Randle/FO Barrett/Brunson.
Playing 6.9 Randle at the PG position for 3 seasons to the point Randles useless at the PF position.
The Knicks biggest problem starts at having an assistant coach as the head coach.
Mark Jackson should be the Knicks (Brunson) head coach.
I really not sure who should be the coach.
How long you going to ride the. Brunson train?
How long are you going to put up with RJ?? It a shame for anyone who call themselves knowledgeable of BB and want to trade Randle and not get rid of RJ. He should be the first player out the door!
Sean Silas is out there and A. Dantley. The last time I saw a Knicks coach that can coach was Mike Miller…

Kiyaman

Legend
I really not sure who should be the coach.
How long you going to ride the. Brunson train?
How long are you going to put up with RJ?? It a shame for anyone who call themselves knowledgeable of BB and want to trade Randle and not get rid of RJ. He should be the first player out the door!
Sean Silas is out there and A. Dantley. The last time I saw a Knicks coach that can coach was Mike Miller…

Mike Miller was a puppet head coach that kept giving RJ Barrett above 35 minutes a game, plus never put MitchRob back in the starter lineup for defense, or getting the Knicks 2nd chance shots by attacking the offensive glass.
The Knicks not having a tier 1 starter PG have been the Knicks biggest problem for 2 decades.
Now that we have one of the NBA top 10 starter PG on the roster (Brunson) coach Thibs did his best to injure Brunson throughout the season playing him 40 min a game. Brunson 4 seasons in the NBA average 27 minutes a game. `
The Knicks head coach is the problem!
How many screens & picks we see set up for the splash-brothers on a Warriors offensive-possession? Many.
How many screens & picks were set up for Evan Fournier in his two seasons as a Knicks? NONE!
Fournier's offensive talent is a dangerous weapon on the perimeter, yet Thibs never set him up for open shots.
When a head coach don't exploit ALL his players strong area talent on the court, that makes him an assistant coach.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
How about Burks!!
How about Dotson!!
How about Knox!!
How about Frank!!
Burks and Dotson could have been very valuable this last series, huh!!
The only one of the four who got a chance to play is Burks and that because Phil didn’t draft them.
Ski, you playing BB or you playing favorite?? It certainly looks like favorites, huh.
In BB( especially Real BB) all you care about is whether he can PLAY!!
Did the offense get changed for any of those three?? NO!!
How did those guys work out whey left the knicks

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Mike Miller was a puppet head coach that kept giving RJ Barrett above 35 minutes a game, plus never put MitchRob back in the starter lineup for defense, or getting the Knicks 2nd chance shots by attacking the offensive glass.
The Knicks not having a tier 1 starter PG have been the Knicks biggest problem for 2 decades.
Now that we have one of the NBA top 10 starter PG on the roster (Brunson) coach Thibs did his best to injure Brunson throughout the season playing him 40 min a game. Brunson 4 seasons in the NBA average 27 minutes a game. `
How many screens & picks we see set up for the splash-brothers on a Warriors offensive-possession? Many.
How many screens & picks were set up for Evan Fournier in his two seasons as a Knicks? NONE!
Fournier's offensive talent is a dangerous weapon on the perimeter, yet Thibs never set him up for open shots.
When a head coach don't exploit ALL his players strong area talent on the court, that makes him an assistant coach.
Thibs by a big percentage won category of coaches players do not want to play for. They hate his heavy minute allocation.

Not so about Miller… What coach you know benched his starting 5 a few minutes into the first quarter? No one since Lenny Wilkins did it in Seattle. The second unit out played the starter in that game.
Got A Question for you( or anyone who isn’t afraid to answer) - Did it take an over a hundred million to get a PG?? If the problem was a PG… Why did you change the offense?? REMEMBER-Frank and others bring ball over half court and pass it!!
NOW does anyone dispute what I just said?? If not then you should be mad as hell because nobody did any assessment of the offense.

This F.O. only care about how it looks because they don’t know NOTHING!!

How did those guys work out whey left the knicks
Ski it not about what they did elsewhere but how they performed with the Knicks!!
If you didn’t know it the NBA isn’t about talent anymore it about entertainment!!
Running up down the floor shooting 3’s because the league is ran by people with ‘Midget mentalitie’. Gone are Big Men what distinguish the NBA from other sports.

We as a team don’t have the luxury of not developing players. You Knox avg over 12 pt his rookie year. How do you not develop and improve on that. You and I have had discussions about Frank. Dotson was starting SG and RJ won his position as well as starting PG. if you know anything about talent… RJ could never win a starting position from anyone!!

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
we Agree on the knicks misuse of players and not developing them. With that said these players you mentioned are not doing much. Brunson and hart were great cheap pick ups to what is in the league.
robinson should be turned into an offensive threat but I do agree the knicks will fail at that.

im not a fan of thibs and his inability to change his ways.
everyone will agree RJ getting 35 minutes a game is a bit much.
this knicks team is so young and need some seaonred veterans to teach the youth.

Same old excuses very year. This team is young and needs vet’s. You had D.Rose and place him in a dungeon.
If RJ got 1 minute of playing time it would be too much. You over paid for this bum.

Brunson was a F.A. at a bargain price. Brunson and Co. saw the Knicks were desperate and took advantage of the situation. So no he wasn’t cheap. Changed the whole offense so you prove how smart they were in signing him.
As for Hart, how much did Brunson play into trading for him? A free agent this offseason and wants big money. Sounds like Brunson is looking out after his friend at the Knicks expense.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Yes we changed the offense. Seems like it worked.
rose not seeing the floor is the issue with Thibs.
you seem to be the eternal pessimist. I guess being a die hard Knick fan for so long has its effects.
brunson at 23 million is cheap my friend.

Why not change the offense before you spent 104 million?? As you say “it worked”!!
Seem like a simple fix, just saying…

What whole contract(104 million) for Brunson? 23 mil is a year, huh?? BTW, and I know you talking NBA money but 23 mil ain’t cheap in my eyes.

It is very unfortunate that I’m the fan that I am. But I have come to fact that I cannot continue to do this for the Knicks. Unless something drastic happens then I’m leaving. Never in a million years would I thought about leaving the Knicks. But I can’t stand what Perry, Mills and Rose has done to the team I love. Nobody understands the damage they have done to this organization and team. This isn’t about BB it more about favoritism and entertainment than athleticism.

Kiyaman

Legend
Every good thing the Knicks FO do (signed PG Brunson) they turn around and do something stupid (gave Barrett an extension after having a 37-45 season leading the point alongside Randle/Burks). And 16 of those wins belong to Kemba.
We can't get to upset over Knicks fans being extra-happy for finally getting a young dynamic starter PG Brunson.
We should be upset over fans tearing down Randle picture at MSG after Game 6 was over ..
When the Miami Heats coaching style and post season game strategy was 10 times better than the #1 seed Bucks, and Knicks.

Did anyone get bored of Brunson not pushing the ball to speed up the temple?
Plus the majority of the time Brunson walk the ball down court he took it to the basket or forced a jump shot? Like Randle been doing the past 3 seasons? Lucky for us we have a center that average 4 to 6 offensive rebounds per game for 2nd chance shots.
Should we blame Randle or Brunson for the Knicks coaching-staff not creating any type of player-movement or ball-movement to score on the offensive end in the postseason games?

Don't forget Game 3 vs Cavs when the Knicks were blowing out the Cavs having a 17 pt lead to start the 4th quarter, Brunson started the 4th quarter and practically played the entire 4th quarter, when 4 minutes remaining in the game, Knicks having a 26 pt lead, and Brunson was still on the court .. The crowd in MSG started yelling, the TV announcers were talking loud to a SCREAM towards the Knicks coaches bench (Thibs) to take Brunson out the game". Coach Thibs got nervous and yell down the bench for Obi Toppin to go back into the game to take Brunson out.
Plus to Kool down the angry crowd in MSG, coach Thibs quickly put D.Rose into the game the final 2 minutes which gave a standing ovation.

Last edited: