Melo to NYC Closer than you think!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Knick fans need to stop getting scammed.

First, people were fooled into believing Danilo Gallinari aka la Gallina(the hen) was a better pick than Brook Lopez(we all see how that turned out).

Then, people were fooled into believing Lebron James was coming to the Knicks(we all see what happened there).

Then, people were fooled into believing the Knicks "are back" just because Stoudemire(the same man who just finished getting 100 million dollars from the Knicks) said so.

Now, people believe Carmelo Anthony is coming to the Knicks?

When will you guys realize that this is all a scam?

First, people were fooled into believing Danilo Gallinari aka la Gallina(the hen) was a better pick than Brook Lopez(we all see how that turned out).

Then, people were fooled into believing Lebron James was coming to the Knicks(we all see what happened there).

Then, people were fooled into believing the Knicks "are back" just because Stoudemire(the same man who just finished getting 100 million dollars from the Knicks) said so.

Said the man with the Stoudemire signature.

Toons

is the Bo$$

Hindsight is 20/20 vision my friend.
Lopez is better than gallo. But we all know that strings were pulled in order to make gallo a knick.

Seocnd, who fooled us about getting lebron other than lebron himself and his camp? because our gm promised us competitive games, and cap flexibility. We went after a big name FA and got one. Now we are flexible to go after another.

The knicks are back you idiot. We are relevant. We are aplayoff team for sure. And stat is a big reason for it. also we have 9 other new players other than stat, so yeah, the knicks are back.

melo is coming to nyc. its just a matter of time.

i guess regular season wins will tell the tune.

BUT LET IT BE KNOWN, YOU A HATER BRO

nyk_nyk

All Star

So what the hell do you believe??? Are you just here to shoot everything down?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

I like Amare Stoudemire "no homo", but I never thought the Knicks were going to the playoffs this year. I even made a "knicks suck" thread, before the season even started. Stoudemire is an entertaining player, but he can't carry the Knicks to the playoffs by himself, and I never thought he could.

Lopez is better than gallo. But we all know that strings were pulled in order to make gallo a knick.

Seocnd, who fooled us about getting lebron other than lebron himself and his camp? because our gm promised us competitive games, and cap flexibility. We went after a big name FA and got one. Now we are flexible to go after another.

The knicks are back you idiot. We are relevant. We are aplayoff team for sure. And stat is a big reason for it. also we have 9 other new players other than stat, so yeah, the knicks are back.

LMAO Im making that quote my sig!

Toons

is the Bo$$

he's so stupid.

Without his ex-grilfriend MSG
the gold mac ten
the starbury worship ceremony leader

your comments hold no water

can someone bring up an old starbury war thread? with all the military pics n shit? OMG, classic KO.com moment. Can anyone say dillusional>?

Toons

is the Bo$$
I like Amare Stoudemire "no homo", but I never thought the Knicks were going to the playoffs this year. I even made a "knicks suck" thread, before the season even started. Stoudemire is an entertaining player, but he can't carry the Knicks to the playoffs by himself, and I never thought he could.

be prepared to be proven wrong. You fail to realize that we have 10 new players and we havent even seen klenna yet. I bet when we do, ur gonna say
'amare didnt do it by himself, he had help with randolph emerging and yadda yadda yadda. Stat is enough to get us in the playoffs. With melo added, we are instant contenders.

If stat was on last years knicks then maybe i see where you come from. duhon, chandler, gallo, harrington, stat. that team isnt a playoff team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
he's so stupid.

Without his ex-grilfriend MSG
the gold mac ten
the starbury worship ceremony leader

your comments hold no water

can someone bring up an old starbury war thread? with all the military pics n shit? OMG, classic KO.com moment. Can anyone say dillusional>?

Don't bother with the provocation. KO.com is his refuge for venting without consequence.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

I will not mention any names, but many Knick fans on this site(about 70% of the members) thought the Knicks were going to get Lebron and that's a fact.

There was even a person in here (who will remain nameless) who made a thread the day before Lebron James did his 1 hour special on ESPN and said the Knicks were going to get Lebron and everyone who didn't believe in Donnie Walsh was going to look stupid. He ended up being the one who looked dumb, as we all know by now.

Toons, I will embarrass you metrocard style.

When the season ends, and the Knicks are out of playoff contention, I will
re-open this thread and laugh.

You're a veteran on this site, so I'm surprised you believe this D'Antoni and Walsh B.S., but by mid to late February, I'm sure you'll realize Walsh's 2010 plan and D'Antoni's "jack up 3s" system was a scam.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQ7low8DBuE?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Melo

Gallo is plainly expendable for Melo. It is not only the way he is playing, but the way the team is playing him. Last night he hardly touched the ball during the six or so minutes he appeared in the first quarter. The Knicks do not swing the ball to the corners. No one looks for Gallo and he is not strong or agile enough under the boards to get the garbage points.

The real question is identifying the others who will go with Gallo, because he is hardly enough. Whom do we give up to get the first round pick? If we give up Chandler, Randolph and Gallo in the process of getting Melo, we will have litttle left on the bench to spell Amar'e or Melo. Douglas is looking very good and we are already light in the PG department

I think Gallo is going to develop into a very good player, but I think it is going to be on another team. Even uncle Mike abandoned him last night.

mafra

Legend
Melo situation is totally different than Lebron's...

1- MELO IS THE MAN. Carmelo carried Syracuse on his back to a title. He is a proven lead horse, and never shies away from that role. Actually, he seeks it out... Whereas Lebron feared the bright lights (b/c his mom and his lifestyle)., and LJ just worried too much about the attention NYC would bring. He's a big fish in small pond type character. Melo is from Baltimore. A big city boy at heart.

2- MELO is married to an MTV VJ, who wants the big city b/c that's where she works. LA-NY. Lebron James closest and most influential woman is his mother. HELLO. AWKWARD. Melo's new wife is a Knicks fan, is pushing for NY (as one of the destinations). SOme in LJ's camp supposedly pushed for NY as well, to no avail, but again SEE #1.

3- MELO doesn't have his pick of the litter right now. He can only opt to go to a team that deals for him. He has leverage tho b/c he can decline to sign an extension, thus negating the willingness of some teams to give up much to get him. LJ had his pick of any team, Melo only has a select few.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I will not mention any names, but many Knick fans on this site(about 70% of the members) thought the Knicks were going to get Lebron and that's a fact.

There was even a person in here (who will remain nameless) who made a thread the day before Lebron James did his 1 hour special on ESPN and said the Knicks were going to get Lebron and everyone who didn't believe in Donnie Walsh was going to look stupid. He ended up being the one who looked dumb, as we all know by now.

Toons, I will embarrass you metrocard style.

When the season ends, and the Knicks are out of playoff contention, I will
re-open this thread and laugh.

You're a veteran on this site, so I'm surprised you believe this D'Antoni and Walsh B.S., but by mid to late February, I'm sure you'll realize Walsh's 2010 plan and D'Antoni's "jack up 3s" system was a scam.

<="385"></object>

Bro, i understand the frustration of being a knick fan over the past decade. I also understand how hurt you and team starbury are after the harsh reality set in that marbury is not good enough for the nba anymore. I would be fed up with the organization that rid itself of my idol as well.
My counter point to your point (which is that we are being scammed) is that no one scammed with lebrons decision. Lebron knew he was leaving cleveland the second he trew off his jersey in the finals. Where he was going was a mystery until bosh decided to go to miami. I wont say, ''i knew lebron wasnt coming'' because i wanted him here, and i thought all signs were pointing to new york.

you telling me youre gonna embarrass me is not embarrassing.

enough with the walsh and coah conspiracy theory.....if it were so, gallo wouldnt even be mentioned in trade talks. they hardly ran plays for gallo last night. and with harrington, duhon, crawford, randolph, all gone from chucking up 3's we have real scoring options

Paul1355

All Star
Gallo is plainly expendable for Melo. It is not only the way he is playing, but the way the team is playing him. Last night he hardly touched the ball during the six or so minutes he appeared in the first quarter. The Knicks do not swing the ball to the corners. No one looks for Gallo and he is not strong or agile enough under the boards to get the garbage points.

The real question is identifying the others who will go with Gallo, because he is hardly enough. Whom do we give up to get the first round pick? If we give up Chandler, Randolph and Gallo in the process of getting Melo, we will have litttle left on the bench to spell Amar'e or Melo. Douglas is looking very good and we are already light in the PG department

I think Gallo is going to develop into a very good player, but I think it is going to be on another team. Even uncle Mike abandoned him last night.
good points....Gallo is hit or miss and if Melo comes he might be a bench player since playing Melo at the 2 might not work out....Gallo off the bench might be ok but he is one dimensional and not versatile

skisloper

Starter
I know its preseason but has anyone seen a player in the past 2 years even come close to Amare's dominance on the court.

We need to get Carmelo at all costs.

No more of the " We cant trade Gallo " or " lets wait for Randolph to mature "

We have a very strong possibility of NOT just putting 2 of the top 10 NBA players together but we also have the ability for next season to either get another MAX guy or use the MAX money to add pieces of a core of
Felto
Amare
Anthony

and whoever else it might be....

Toons

is the Bo$$
I know its preseason but has anyone seen a player in the past 2 years even come close to Amare's dominance on the court.

We need to get Carmelo at all costs.

No more of the " We cant trade Gallo " or " lets wait for Randolph to mature "

We have a very strong possibility of NOT just putting 2 of the top 10 NBA players together but we also have the ability for next season to either get another MAX guy or use the MAX money to add pieces of a core of
Felto
Amare
Anthony

and whoever else it might be....

where we gon get the money from? if we use curry in the melo trade? the third superstar would have to take significantly less

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Everybody is so impatient. I guess in today's society, where everybody wants everything right now, us logical folks that look at the big picture don't stand a chance.

Just a reminder, with the new CBA there will likely be a hard cap. This means no more MLE to fill out the roster with decent players.

So, if we trade Gallo + Randolph + Chandler + picks for Melo now, everyone has to hope Felton, Melo and Amare + scraps left over are enough to win a championship.

But, if just once NYers showed an ounce of patience, and if Melo showed patience and didn't demand teams to sacrifice all of their assets for him so he can get all his money and everything he wants, we could build a championship contender, and possibly a dynasty.

Be careful what you wish for. Everyone should be willing to accept the Knicks making it only to the conference finals, at most. We'll have to settle. Be happy with that because that is what you are pleading for.

I've said this before, I have more respect for Lebron, Wade and Bosh. They took less money to play together. They sacrificed. Melo is demanding we sacrifice for him so he can get his money and so Lala can be in NY.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Everybody is so impatient. I guess in today's society, where everybody wants everything right now, us logical folks that look at the big picture don't stand a chance.

Just a reminder, with the new CBA there will likely be a hard cap. This means no more MLE to fill out the roster with decent players.

So, if we trade Gallo + Randolph + Chandler + picks for Melo now, everyone has to hope Felton, Melo and Amare + scraps left over are enough to win a championship.

But, if just once NYers showed an ounce of patience, and if Melo showed patience and didn't demand teams to sacrifice all of their assets for him so he can get all his money and everything he wants, we could build a championship contender, and possibly a dynasty.

Be careful what you wish for. Everyone should be willing to accept the Knicks making it only to the conference finals, at most. We'll have to settle. Be happy with that because that is what you are pleading for.

I've said this before, I have more respect for Lebron, Wade and Bosh. They took less money to play together. The sacrificed. Melo is demanding we sacrifice for him.

Melo has demanded no such thing. Why do you hate a superstar who wants to play for your team? I don't get it...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Melo has demanded no such thing. Why do you hate a superstar who wants to play for your team? I don't get it...

Come on Trill. I know you're not naive. Melo is demanding to be traded. Not publically, but through back-channels. He wants his money NOW. Not lose money with the new CBA in free agency.