Melo to NYC Closer than you think!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Come on Trill. I know you're not naive. Melo is demanding to be traded. Not publically, but through back-channels. He wants his money NOW. Not lose money with the new CBA in free agency.

Yes but he does not demand to hurt the Knicks. In fact his desire to bring his talents to NYC helps us out tremendously. Further, how can you fault someone for being concerned about 10's of millions of dollars? Look at Curry, Mike Tyson or MC Hammer to see how millions can be burnt before you know it. Yes it's their fault but pretending like Melo is bad for trying to secure his well deserved pay day is wrong IMHO and certainly not a disqualifier.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I've said this before, I have more respect for Lebron, Wade and Bosh. They took less money to play together. They sacrificed. Melo is demanding we sacrifice for him so he can get his money and so Lala can be in NY.
Melo isn't demanding anything. It's the Nuggets that want a huge package deal for him.

The MIA3 sacrificed my ass. There is no state income tax in FL so you do the math.

KingCharles34

All Star
Donnie is the king of patience, not force anything. Gason for Brown Version 2.0
Thats why i love Donnie (no homillz)...humble and patient, something we should all strive to be

I'd send Gallo before TD.
C/S....Some of the Big cock lovers might get on us for this but so be it. TD has proven hes a good defender with SOME offense while Gallo has proven that hes inconsistent.

LMAO Im making that quote my sig!
If only you knew what alphabetical order was, faggit :evil:

he's so stupid.

Without his ex-grilfriend MSG
the gold mac ten
the starbury worship ceremony leader

your comments hold no water

can someone bring up an old starbury war thread? with all the military pics n shit? OMG, classic KO.com moment. Can anyone say dillusional>?
can anyone say my 40 ounce will be raping your b*tch ass?

miracle-at-st-anna.jpg

Another routine easy victory for team Swagabury :gony:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Yes but he does not demand to hurt the Knicks. In fact his desire to bring his talents to NYC helps us out tremendously. Further, how can you fault someone for being concerned about 10's of millions of dollars? Look at Curry, Mike Tyson or MC Hammer to see how millions can be burnt before you know it. Yes it's their fault but pretending like Melo is bad for trying to secure his well deserved pay day is wrong IMHO and certainly not a disqualifier.

If he's demanding to be traded, he knows teams are going to have to sacrifice a lot to get him. I don't think Melo is naive either.

I understand your point about him not wanting to lose money. But I'm not going too feel bad for him. He's a mega-millionaire, he will still be a mega-millionaire. And just once I would like to gain a little respect for an athletes character and see him sacrifice for a championship. Just saying. It would be nice to see for a change

And I do find it funny that before free agency and Melo demanding to be traded, many people were doubting that Melo wouldn't be a free agent because of the new CBA. But the hopefuls then were saying he would wait for free agency because it's not a lot of money for someone as rich as him. And now everyone is feeling sorry for Melo losing money. Just kind of funny. That's all. How quickly opinions change.

Melo isn't demanding anything. It's the Nuggets that want a huge package deal for him.

See above. He knows.

The MIA3 sacrificed my ass. There is no state income tax in FL so you do the math.

Lebron left about $40mil on the table. Tax or no tax, that is still alot of money. So factor in the state tax and Melo would still be losing less if he signed as a free agent.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
???

Knick fans need to stop getting scammed.

First, people were fooled into believing Danilo Gallinari aka la Gallina(the hen) was a better pick than Brook Lopez(we all see how that turned out).

Then, people were fooled into believing Lebron James was coming to the Knicks(we all see what happened there).

Then, people were fooled into believing the Knicks "are back" just because Stoudemire(the same man who just finished getting 100 million dollars from the Knicks) said so.

Now, people believe Carmelo Anthony is coming to the Knicks?

When will you guys realize that this is all a scam?

How The hell you know we aint back yet ????? You regs think you know it all

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
you ****ing suck

I like Amare Stoudemire "no homo", but I never thought the Knicks were going to the playoffs this year. I even made a "knicks suck" thread, before the season even started. Stoudemire is an entertaining player, but he can't carry the Knicks to the playoffs by himself, and I never thought he could.

do us all a favor and go back under ya Rock......Why you so fuciiiikng negative towards your own team .......SMH at azzholes like you .....

KingCharles34

All Star
How The hell you know we aint back yet ????? You regs think you know it all
how the hell you know that we are back? Whats your proof? Wheres the proof that we're a .500 team that will make the playoffs?

do us all a favor and go back under ya Rock......Why you so fuciiiikng negative towards your own team .......SMH at azzholes like you .....
do us all a favor and brush your teeth...your breath smells like cock

Some of us keep it reality, some of us dream...and then some of us hit the snooze button when its time to wake up

iSaYughh

Starter
Everybody is so impatient. I guess in today's society, where everybody wants everything right now, us logical folks that look at the big picture don't stand a chance.

Everyone has to hope Felton, Melo and Amare + scraps left over are enough to win a championship.

But, if just once NYers showed an ounce of patience, and if Melo showed patience and didn't demand teams to sacrifice all of their assets for him so he can get all his money and everything he wants, we could build a championship contender, and possibly a dynasty.

You paint Douglas, Walker, Azzy, Moz, Turiaf, Fields as being SCRAPS to surround Felton-Melo-STAT. When they are in fact a mix of young, promising players on the rise and proven vets who mix nicely into filling up the lineup.

And will still have some cap flexibility. Melo Max effectively goes against Gallo, Curry, Chandler, AR salaries, and our current surplus. Plus, Felton was an expertly designed contract length. And we won't be paying premier 1st rounders.

I agree with ur sentiment that of course, if we can simply be patient, and get Melo post-season, we do it.

But so much shit could happen till then that could derail it. $ issues, new offers, injuries. I'm assuming Donnie feels the same way, or else he would wait OR just offer DEN scraps (and I think he sorta mite. I see us keeping AR, at least.)

I dunno, I really see us getting a better deal than what's proposed. Mainly bc ur sentiment does carry a good bit of wait; it could derail us, but it could DESTROY DEN if he just walks.

Gallo, two 1sts (one via Chandler trade), Curry. I don't see how you can hate Melo so much. All he has done is increase our leverage, when many were saying he'd cave long ago and just sign with DEN.

And he hasn't said he won't just sit it out. He's causing DEN internal havoc and confusion. Confusion, and desperation Donnie will pounce on.

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
Did I miss something? Did the CBA get signed off on? Is there 100% going to be a hard cap?

I believe the answers to all of those questions are a resounding no. Its all speculation. There was a report that there was going to be a hard cap, followed by a report that there was not going to be a hard cap.

Making reactionary moves based on speculation is what fans do on internet forums.

Gallo + AR + Curry + Picks (although the picks may include chandler which I may be OK with)

Essentially you are trading Lee and Gallo for Melo, Turiaf and 'buke. Considering we have a better PF I think this is a NO BRAINER.

Watching the preseason games has been a bit brutal. Gallo, while I love him, is a spot up 3 man. As someone pointed out, those are a dime a dozen (see Kyle Korver, Mike Miller, Bill Walker and potentially Andy Rautins) AR is a guy with huge potential but it seems like DiAnt doesnt know how to use him. Watching the games, its clear that if Amare is stopped, our offense gets flustered. Having one of the top 3 scorers in the league would help out EVERYONE. This is a must deal.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Wth ???

Everybody is so impatient. I guess in today's society, where everybody wants everything right now, us logical folks that look at the big picture don't stand a chance.

Just a reminder, with the new CBA there will likely be a hard cap. This means no more MLE to fill out the roster with decent players.

So, if we trade Gallo + Randolph + Chandler + picks for Melo now, everyone has to hope Felton, Melo and Amare + scraps left over are enough to win a championship.

But, if just once NYers showed an ounce of patience, and if Melo showed patience and didn't demand teams to sacrifice all of their assets for him so he can get all his money and everything he wants, we could build a championship contender, and possibly a dynasty.

Be careful what you wish for. Everyone should be willing to accept the Knicks making it only to the conference finals, at most. We'll have to settle. Be happy with that because that is what you are pleading for.

I've said this before, I have more respect for Lebron, Wade and Bosh. They took less money to play together. They sacrificed. Melo is demanding we sacrifice for him so he can get his money and so Lala can be in NY.

Took less what instead of getting 125mil they got like 119mil so what 6 million is that much less. Oh dont forget about the no state tax...you morons that think they took less and actually praise them is just that MORONS

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
You A Bitch

how the hell you know that we are back? Whats your proof? Wheres the proof that we're a .500 team that will make the playoffs?

do us all a favor and brush your teeth...your breath smells like cock

Some of us keep it reality, some of us dream...and then some of us hit the snooze button when its time to wake up

YOU A BITCH BITCH LET PPL FIGHT THEY OWN BATTLES and NO ITS YA MOUTH THAT SMEEL LIKE DICK>..HEY ABC TELL THE TRUTH YOU GOT THIS BITCH SUCKING YOU OFF OR WHAT>>>>>>**** YOU and Trillion or rady relax with the rep points aight this ***** is a BITCH

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
YOU A BITCH BITCH LET PPL FIGHT THEY OWN BATTLES and NO ITS YA MOUTH THAT SMEEL LIKE DICK>..HEY ABC TELL THE TRUTH YOU GOT THIS BITCH SUCKING YOU OFF OR WHAT>>>>>>**** YOU and Trillion or rady relax with the rep points aight this ***** is a BITCH

What rep points? I have not addressed you or gave you points ever so don't bring me into your emo tantrums...Thanks!

KingCharles34

All Star

dog u wanna call me a faggit? i will rape your ass with a broken glass bottle you little homo :evil:

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
As italian (and probably not real Knicks fan like most people here) if it happened I'd be more sad for Gallo than happy for Melo.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Took less what instead of getting 125mil they got like 119mil so what 6 million is that much less. Oh dont forget about the no state tax...you morons that think they took less and actually praise them is just that MORONS

No. Lebron left around $40 mil. Even if you factor in the no state tax, Melo will still lose less money if he signs as a free agent. But he won't do that. He wants his money. And why are you so emotional about a mega-millionaire, still being a mega-millionaire, but just not as much a mega-millioaire?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I meant signing another MAX in July 2012

That is impossible. As I said, if we trade all our assets for Melo now, everyone can forget about a big 3 in NY. Felton's contract is for $7 mil. That is not enough for a max, even with the new CBA.

We trade for Melo, that's it. We go with that and hope Melo and Amare are enough. But if we wait, we can offer Randolph + Gallo + Felton's expiring for CP3 and get the big 3. Or just hold onto them and have the deepest team in the league. Do you see?

We get Melo via trade, we settle for perennial early playoff exits. At the most, we get to the conference finals. We aint winning a championship if we trade the farm for Melo now. Mark my words. Everyone's impatience and greed will cost us in the future.

Unless, of course, you're fine with just the conference finals at best.

Paul1355

All Star
If we traded Gallo, Randolph, Mason, Curry, 1st round pick for Chandler, and 2nd round picks we should get Melo and I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

Randolph is YEARS away from being anything close to consistent.

Gallo needs a few more years to be a legit starter and not just Mike D's pet. Gallo would not start on most teams, let's be honest, inconsistent one dimensional spot up shooters usually don't get huge minutes unless they hit the shots consistently.

Mason stinks, let's trade him ASAP

Curry....nothing to say but TRADE

Chandler is the toughest to let go because he might really improve this year, but he is not a 2 guard and Melo is a SF so Chandler would be a bench player anyways and I like Fields off the bench so Chandler is only expendable for Melo who would instantly transform this team into a solid team instead of our current hit and miss style.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
i don't know what melo is going to cost but i don't think its as much as talked about on here. i don't see us losing gallo randolph and chandler and if it does walsh will wait. thats just too much to give up when you know you have a shot in the off season at getting melo. but even if we only keep chandler... that would give us melo stat moz felton and i say fields as starters and douglas chandler turiaf off the bench.. thats a playoff team.