New York Knicks - 2018 Draft

Broadway

All Star
If I had to take a guess based on Bulls having his meds and him holding his workouts in their backyard the promise has come from them, if he's stalling the workout or the rescheduling falls through. If he's healthy and all maturity is there then he's a better Chandler Hutchison(whom the Bulls have made a promise already)

LOL at these shenanigans

So it's a smokescreen to Bulls or his stock will fall...either way I DO NOT WANT and I've said since Day 1 once our draft position was solidified

What "complications" are there with Doncic? Word was sent 2 days ago he's staying in the draft. I had Kings as the team of trepidation from his camp but appears may have been the Hawks. He reportedly wants to play with Bogz on the Kings, they are friends

#Kporzee and his brother were seen sitting front and center watching him during the Euro ABC Finals.

Bridges more than likely is who we'll get unless all this MPJ news is Fake Hustle. If no promise has been made and he conducts another workout without wowing anyone over I stick to my original thought the Bulls are our biggest threat to snatch a wing player Bridges and MPJ slips

The complications that come with drafting a EuroLeague player who already has everyone telling him he is great and comes into the league with the idea he is already a star. In other words, drafting yourself a primadonna like KP. Maybe Doncic is nothing like KP, but the guy and his camp sure seem like they are trying to manipulate the draft so that, as you say, he can play with his ?friend?. He just seems like he is going to be a hassle with whom to deal, like KP. Maybe I?m wrong.

Broadway

All Star
The complications that come with drafting a EuroLeague player who already has everyone telling him he is great and comes into the league with the idea he is already a star. In other words, drafting yourself a primadonna like KP. Maybe Doncic is nothing like KP, but the guy and his camp sure seem like they are trying to manipulate the draft so that, as you say, he can play with his ?friend?. He just seems like he is going to be a hassle with whom to deal, like KP. Maybe I?m wrong.

But he is in the league he plays in...lol. #Kporzee didn't enter the draft as a primadonna but he surely wanted to avoid being drafted by certain teams(didn't workout for anyone lower than 5 I don't think)

Not sure if the high maintenance persona travels with Doncic because often times with the draft it is about angling oneself, with much of the gas being provided by the agency

But he is in the league he plays in...lol. #Kporzee didn't enter the draft as a primadonna but he surely wanted to avoid being drafted by certain teams(didn't workout for anyone lower than 5 I don't think)

Not sure if the high maintenance persona travels with Doncic because often times with the draft it is about angling oneself, with much of the gas being provided by the agency

I guess we?ll see about Doncic. Yeah, KP didn?t enter the league as primadonna, but he sure fast-tracked to become one.

Kiyaman

Legend

What little i seen of Doncic performance (and i mean very little) .. Tired-KP doesnt have 50% of Doncic's athleticism/attitude/and high B.ball IQ .. Doncic coming to the NBA are more like when Kukoc came to the NBA as a Euro-League MVP.
No NBA fans or college ball fans ever heard or seen KP .. until Phil Jackson draft KP and played KP in one summer-league game to get the title of being the Knicks future star off of HYPE !!!

Doncic are a Top-5 KING star of the Euro-League like our NBA stars Lebron/Durant/Curry/Anthony Davis/Giannis ....
There's big worldwide $$$ for Doncic if he stay another year in the Euro-League .. there's a dozen NBA teams that will wait a season for Doncic 2-Way multi-position performance.

tiger0330

Legend
LOL at these shenanigans

So it's a smokescreen to Bulls or his stock will fall...either way I DO NOT WANT and I've said since Day 1 once our draft position was solidified
You did say that and I've thought the Knicks would be all over him If he dropped to 9 for any other reasons than his medical not being 100%. Have to wonder about a guy that gets injured not from contact in real games but during training for his workouts. Some teams can take the risk of picking a guy with upside despite his bust potential from injury, the Knicks are not one of those teams. I've been saying the Knicks seem like a better run front office w/o PJ and with Perry but if they select MP if he's there at 9, that goes out the window imo.

mafra

Legend
Porter?s MRI came back clean...

Sac Kings are working out Carter... interesting bc this may indicate they?re considering trading down (to target Carter).

Kiyaman

Legend
You did say that and I've thought the Knicks would be all over him If he dropped to 9 for any other reasons than his medical not being 100%. Have to wonder about a guy that gets injured not from contact in real games but during training for his workouts. Some teams can take the risk of picking a guy with upside despite his bust potential from injury, the Knicks are not one of those teams. I've been saying the Knicks seem like a better run front office w/o PJ and with Perry but if they select MP if he's there at 9, that goes out the window imo.

I'm curious bout the work-out injury Hype after Porter worked-out for the Bulls? More Bulls conspiracy ..
Either the Bulls are going to select Porter at 7 .... If the Bulls dont select Porter than Perry shouldn't select Porter either

Kiyaman

Legend
Porter’s MRI came back clean...

Sac Kings are working out Carter... interesting bc this may indicate they’re considering trading down (to target Carter).

GM Lonnie Divac want Point-Forward Doncic in the draft to share the point with Fox .. but the Kings has the chance to also get Bagley or Carter to tandem alongside WCS to give the Kings a Twin-Tower starting lineup.
Hard decision for Divac ???

tiger0330

Legend
I'm curious bout the work-out injury Hype after Porter worked-out for the Bulls? More Bulls conspiracy ..
Either the Bulls are going to select Porter at 7 .... If the Bulls dont select Porter than Perry shouldn't select Porter either
I agree, Bulls are one of the teams that I mentioned that could gamble on Porter since they have the 22nd pick as well but the Knicks with a single first rounder don't have that luxury. Bulls passing is a real red flag.

mafra

Legend
Bottom line... no matter what happens... NY should be golden picking between Carter, Young, Sexton, or either Bridges.
All 5 won?t be there at 9, but 3 will be.

Trading down still might be a possibility.... I don?t think we have the assets to make a trade up sensible... I mean, nobody we can grab in a trade up is worth 2 lottery picks (IMHO). Give me Carter and our lottery next year over Doncic or Bamba.

Remember, Carter is SMaRT. He got accepted to Harvard. He also sacrificed his game to fit in with Bagley at Duke. He can score, rebound, and shoot.

Bottom line... no matter what happens... NY should be golden picking between Carter, Young, Sexton, or either Bridges.
All 5 won?t be there at 9, but 3 will be.

Trading down still might be a possibility.... I don?t think we have the assets to make a trade up sensible... I mean, nobody we can grab in a trade up is worth 2 lottery picks (IMHO). Give me Carter and our lottery next year over Doncic or Bamba.

Remember, Carter is SMaRT. He got accepted to Harvard. He also sacrificed his game to fit in with Bagley at Duke. He can score, rebound, and shoot.

Yeah, I agree. At this point, I think the 3 available to us will be Mikal (my choice), Miles, or Sexton. Knox could also be a darkhorse, although less likely. I do think it is a simpler path to go frontcourt. Young and even Sexton have star potential, but not sure how our roster works if we add another PG.

Broadway

All Star
Porter?s MRI came back clean...

Sac Kings are working out Carter... interesting bc this may indicate they?re considering trading down (to target Carter).

According to initial reports on his medical records(I guess shared by Bulls) he supposedly is healthy but teams want a chance to have their own doctors exam him physically

I figured he would be fine, wasn?t leaning towards him being hurt from these workouts but more so stalling on being examined in fuller detail and more than likely trying to avoid teams getting a better look

His dad spoke highly of The Bulls

mafra

Legend
I think you have to view this as a continuation of last year?s draft...

In other words, they?ve sort of tabbed KPas their franchise guy and so took Knits b/c of how he fit with KP and because they viewed him as both a high floor and high ceiling prospect.

This tells me that Carter should be the pick over both Porter and Young. Even over both Bridges.

If Carter is gone, and the choice is between Young, Sexton and both Bridges... this is where stuff gets interesting. I honestly don?t know what to do... without benefit of scouts and interview and being connected... it?s hard to know what direction I would go.

We didn?t need another wanna be PG, but we do need a PG. IF they truly believe believe in the potential of Mudiay and Burke, then I can see the logic to pass on a PG. However, if there?s any doubts... the just grab another PG.... bc PG is too important to forgo (which we?ve done for 2 decades).

If choice comes down to the Bridges... another tough thing call. Mikhal is safer but Miles has more star potential and is vastly more explosive.

Broadway

All Star
I think Sacramento would want our first round pick next year to make up for them missing their first round pick.

Orlando could certainly be tempted by a trade back because they can land Ntilikina to pair with Fournier, use Isaac and Gordon at the forward spots, and use the 9th pick on the best player available.

A wild card for a trade back could be Memphis. If they want to turn around their team quickly a deal centering around Parsons and 4 coming to us, for say Hardaway and Lee/Thomas or Lee and Thomas, plus perhaps a protected future first round pick. That could be another way to move up because they could use a pro ready guy like Mikal Bridges or Wendell Carter.

You?re a prophet...

Shame on me...lol, although doesn?t appear to be much tread on this

Parson?s contract is a disaster

mafra

Legend
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ks-jump-into-the-top-5-in-the-2018-draft/amp/

Interesting article. MEM wants to dump the Parsons contract. They have the 4th pick. They want to win now with Conley-Gasol.

Would NY consider 9th and THjr for 4 and Parsons?

Chandler?s contract is this upcoming season and next. 1 less year than Timmy. However, 25 mil on books for next summer (compared to 17 for THjr).

Still... we can halt a rebuild on a free agent prayer in 13 months. Getting the 4th pick guarantees NY Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, Jax or Bamba.

And, NY could also add more assets by trading back again, maybe from
4 to where Mavs are... pick up something.

We will be rotten next season... we need talent... to me, parting with Mudiay and Lee or Hardaway shouldn?t prevent NY from this deal.

Not to mention, NY could always hope to find a taker for Noah or Parsons when they are expiring deals next summer... and can always flex 1.

This is a no-brainer move for me.

mafra

Legend
You?re a prophet...

Shame on me...lol, although doesn?t appear to be much tread on this

Parson?s contract is a disaster

If MEM is committed to their closing window, with Conley-Gasol (which obviously they are bc they dumped Fiz)... then Mikhal Bridges and Timmy Hardaway and the 36th pick is worth it. Trade back 5 spots and get something for Parsons.

It helps NY bc his contract is a year shorter than THjr.

NY would have KP, Knits, the 4th pick and that?s it for 2020 books. They could sign 2 max guys.

Imagine KP, Knits, Bagley/Doncic/Jax! That would be our 3 lottery foundation pieces to add to arguably a top-3 pick next year and cap space for max guys.

We could trade for Kyrie if we wanted next summer, using a premium 1st rounder.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Would any of you draft Michael Porter, Jr. if you traded down for the Clippers' 12th and 13th pick if he somehow became available, red flag and all?

tiger0330

Legend
NY Post has us picking Porter with the headline A huge Knicks gamble. You have to hope that they're smarter than the Post esp when they never saw him in an individual workout and when Mikal is available.