Jordan Hill = Taller Balkman!

bfab99

Benchwarmer
LMAO! Do we have a point guard in the NBA that has dreads? If so then that player is a smaller version of Balkman. OH man....

What the hell is Dantoni and Walsh thinking in drafting a player WHO IS LIKE Balkman who they traded for almost nothing?! (Im being sarcastic lol) Hahaha.

They're not the same. One is a HIGH PICK one got pick late. That alone is a big difference. LoL at comparisons because of the hairstyle haha.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
I see this alot here. Saying player A is just like player B just because of LOOKS. Like one time I read here about Stephen Curry is just like Monta Ellis. LoL. Just because they're both light skinned and plays guard don't mean they're SIMILAR. Monta likes driving to the hole ALOT (very aggressive) and Curry likes to spot up. Big difference....

New New York

Quiet Storm
Lets add 3inches and strength to past Knick players

Ok too many of you look at the Balkman comparison as some sort of insult. But to show you how this is indeed a compliment let us add 3inches and strength to past Knick PF's. Here is a couple of bust and a Knick Legend and you can see what size and strength does for them

Micheal Sweetney: 6ft 8 inches

A bust lottery pick if there ever was one! Had the ability to rebound and score at times, but, was undersized and had conditioning issues to say the least!

add the additonal height and strength bringing up to 6'11 and you now have Eddy Curry with the ability to rebound.

Marcus Camby 6'10

Tenacious Defender, one of the best shot blockers in team history. A former NBA Defensive player of the year!

add the height and strength Bringing him up to 7'1 with a strong frame and you have Dwight Howard

Channing Frye 6'10

Another Bust! Had the ability to hit an open jumper, but was way too soft to play in the post. Cant say that size and strength doesnt help him!

Add the size and strength and he is Mehmet Okur

So again, the comparison is a complete compliment! I am also saying he has a huge upside.

Oh yeah to all of you hung up on the whole Physical Appearence Charcteristics, you all are about as shallow as a kiddie pool in your thinking! That had very little to do with the comparison morans!

smokes

Huge Member
Okay... so Jordan Hill is a "taller Balkman," "Brian Grant" and "like Etan Thomas," why exactly? Because they all have braids and are light-skinned Black men?

You say he's Balkman with less hustle (the essential component of Balkman's game), no dribble and a jumpshot (something completely absent from Balkman's game), which makes him, when it comes to actual logic, a different player.

What are the actual similarities, when the two main characteristics of Balkman's game: hustle and lack of a jumper, are different from Hill's? Oh... I guess it's that they play basketball, are Black, have braids and facial hair.

This thread is nonsense and is another example of closet racist KO members.

And go ahead and give me some more negative rep. I already have about 15, joining this site. I love the hate, it lets me know that I rule your world.

Again with your ridiculous paranoia about racism. What the hell is the matter with you, you think all white people are racist or something?

You seem to have some conspiracy theory that all white people on KO.com are secret members of the KKK or some crap. You're actually one of the worst racists on here, if I could quote from the deleted Brandon Jennings thread your posts about Jewish people then we'd see who the real racist is.

Get over yourself.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Again with your ridiculous paranoia about racism. What the hell is the matter with you, you think all white people are racist or something?

You seem to have some conspiracy theory that all white people on KO.com are secret members of the KKK or some crap. You're actually one of the worst racists on here, if I could quote from the deleted Brandon Jennings thread your posts about Jewish people then we'd see who the real racist is.

Get over yourself.

Actually he has a point. And i wanted to go there without saying the word racist. Im from the bahamas, and when people see dreds, they call us Jamaican. Its not intentional, but it is racial profiling. Jordan hill was draining 3's in practice, his midrange is good....i see him as a lemarcus aldridge with a bit more intensity and heart. Before you knock his J, look at recent film, he's coachable and has awesome work ethic....his footwork is great...balkman thinks footwork is walking. I dont think it was an intentional attack to profile jordan with etan thomas and balkman or brian grant....but hey, u just named all the known black guys with dreads homie....that shit is profiling bruh....no love lost, but feel dude out first b4 u say he's attacking you.

smokes

Huge Member
Actually he has a point. And i wanted to go there without saying the word racist. Im from the bahamas, and when people see dreds, they call us Jamaican. Its not intentional, but it is racial profiling. Jordan hill was draining 3's in practice, his midrange is good....i see him as a lemarcus aldridge with a bit more intensity and heart. Before you knock his J, look at recent film, he's coachable and has awesome work ethic....his footwork is great...balkman thinks footwork is walking. I dont think it was an intentional attack to profile jordan with etan thomas and balkman or brian grant....but hey, u just named all the known black guys with dreads homie....that shit is profiling bruh....no love lost, but feel dude out first b4 u say he's attacking you.

You might just get away with called it prejudiced, but it's not racist. And he's pointing out the similarities in their GAME not in their appearance. It's other people who jumped on the whole black people with dreads thing.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Okay... so Jordan Hill is a "taller Balkman," "Brian Grant" and "like Etan Thomas," why exactly? Because they all have braids and are light-skinned Black men?

You say he's Balkman with less hustle (the essential component of Balkman's game), no dribble and a jumpshot (something completely absent from Balkman's game), which makes him, when it comes to actual logic, a different player.

What are the actual similarities, when the two main characteristics of Balkman's game: hustle and lack of a jumper, are different from Hill's? Oh... I guess it's that they play basketball, are Black, have braids and facial hair.

This thread is nonsense and is another example of closet racist KO members.

And go ahead and give me some more negative rep. I already have about 15, joining this site. I love the hate, it lets me know that I rule your world.

LOL, I wish I would have seen this lunacy last month..I wouldn't have gone into depth about how wrong you were for calling me a racist. It seems you are obsessed with race...I know I'm white and put it on you but it was all in good fun. :smokin:Move on and stop watching Jerry Springer!

CoolClyde

Hill = Balkman + David Lee

this dread thread racist hatin is total bs.

New New York made a cool thread, how Hill may be comparable to Balkman in terms of hustle and ability, and he's had to explain himself 3 or 4 times, it's all about if Balkman was taller (ie: Hill's height), with no reference to dreads or skin color.

Lotsa folks made intelligent comments, and then someone has to come in with bogus racist implications and bring the whole thread down a notch with back and forth BS. that's weak and ignorant.

I think it's a good comparison, I can only hope Hill shows the same hustle and ability to change the game with the time he plays. Hill's got more going for him than Balkmania, other than height and dreads, he's got a sweet shot around the hoop, and (mgmt hopes) he'll compare with David Lee on the rebounding and high-percentage shots, and show some form of higher basketball IQ. uh-oh, did i make a racist comment?

Hill = Balkman + David Lee. :crossfingers:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Crazy8s <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_89509", true); </script>

reputation_pos.gif

<!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I posted this a while back, it all came true. Not overwhelmingly true, but clearly (in my book) this guy should be shipped for all (hopefully more than) he's worth.

Hanging on the hoop like a Gibbon isn't a real indicator of his lack of worth, but it's just another bruise on his resume.

This is the type of trash posted by the closeted racists on this site. And there are many types of racists, by the way: those that are racist out of ignorance, and lack of sensitivity, and those who are purposely racist.

And no, I don't think Whites, or any one particular group, for that matter, are all racists. I do think that there are some people that are subconsciously racist on this site, as evidenced by what Toons laid out.

As for me and Jews, I actually volunteered at a Jewish senior center, for over a year, while in college, delivering meals to homebound Jewish seniors, closing their windows, changing light bulbs and performing other tasks they found to be too physically demanding, buying groceries for them, etc.

I have attended Rosh Hashanah dinners, Friday Kiddush, have seen the concentration camp tattoos on some of the elderly, etc. I have nothing against White people, including Jews or any other race, nationality or ethnic group, for anything other than who they are as people. If they're racists, or liars, or anything else, for that matter, I call it like I see it.

What have you ever done for the Jewish community? Nothing.

And as for Trillion, the guy was getting racial, instead of keeping it on a personal level, with metro, in their most recent fight. So... I don't even know why the guy is talking to me. He should just close his hypocritical mouth.

Anyway, like Toons said, the fact that Hill gets compared to every NBA guy with dreads/braids is ridiculous and exposes the ignorance on this site, which is why I have so very little respect for most of you.

Keep hating.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
And as for Trillion, the guy was getting racial, instead of keeping it on a personal level, with metro, in their most recent fight. So... I don't even know why the guy is talking to me. He should just close his hypocritical mouth.
You're hypersensitive and obviously have issues with race, it's a reoccurring theme with you. I never denigrated anyone's race or attacked any stereotypes. Calling me a racist for pointing out that someone who is Latin really looks Pakistani is not racist, prejudice or biased. It's an observation. I look Irish or Italian yet I'm an American Jew. Pointing out reality, ones looks is not racist fool. Sorry, but you lose.

He should just close his hypocritical mouth.
This coming from the guy who called me a kike, cheap Jew, cracker etc etc. I'll take hypocritical posters for 2000 Alex!

smokes

Huge Member
You're just assuming it's a racist comment with nothing to back it up, that kinda thing could equally be said of a white player, you're reading way too much into what people post. If that's the best example you can find, something from several months ago that was said once, then it's clear you don't have much to back up your conspiracy theory.

Whatever you've done for whatever race is irrelevant when you come and spout racial insults at people, thus branding yourself a hypocrite when you start proclaiming holier-than-thou statements about all the racism that goes on here. You're just trying to find racism where there isn't any.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
You're hypersensitive and obviously have issues with race, it's a reoccurring theme with you. I never denigrated anyone's race or attacked any stereotypes. Calling me a racist for pointing out that someone who is Latin really looks Pakistani is not racist, prejudice or biased. It's an observation. I look Irish or Italian yet I'm an American Jew. Pointing out reality, ones looks is not racist fool. Sorry, but you lose.

This coming from the guy who called me a kike, cheap Jew, cracker etc etc. I'll take hypocritical posters for 2000 Alex!

I called you some of those. And my reason for doing so was so you could taste your own medicine, not because it's how I feel.

And I take issue with lots of things. I'm known for calling people on their 5hit. I say what I want to say, when, how and where I want to say it. I don't slither around on my belly, like most people do.

And I think everyone knows it's you who got lost, by posting that b!tch a55 apology.

Anyway, I have things to do. Keep revolving around my words, it lets me know just how much I own you.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I called you some of those. And my reason for doing so was so you could taste your own medicine, not because it's how I feel.

And I take issue with lots of things. I'm known for calling people on their 5hit. I say what I want to say, when, how and where I want to say it. I don't slither around on my belly, like most people do.

And I think everyone knows it's you who got lost, by posting that b!tch a55 apology.

Anyway, I have things to do. Keep revolving around my words, it lets me know just how much I own you.

Yet I asked you 8 different times to quote a single racist thing I said and you couldn't. All while calling me the above mentioned slurs that you admit to calling me regardless of you thinking them true or not.

NO it was clear you lost when you HAD to run from the thread that you got OWNED in to start a new one. Everyone called you out on that and you got ZERO burn for your weak attempt at starting a new thread about my girl. I killed you without pics and used freestyle rhymes that drove you into a frenzy. I was toying with you, making you come out of "retirement" 5 times in addition to starting a new thread dedicated to my girl after you said you were done with me.

My apology was trying to be mature and strike a truce to move past the BS you can't seem to let go.

Anyway, keep letting your dog shit on your terrace, keep thinking everything is racist and keep deluding yourself into thinking you have any wit or comp for the champ.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
It's official, you got tore up
Like single ply tissue
I'm a heat seaking missile
that can't help but to hit you
even if I had not tried
my words would still collide
damaging your fake pride
driving you to suicide
That one verse alone is > than anything you ever thought of in your entire life let alone anything you posted on this site. You have zero wit, live in a dream world and got bitch slapped without a single pic. Peace!

41140465.jpg

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
lol, it's obvious that he enjoys actin like some bloodhound on race so he can "cry wolf" over and over, praying he can bring up racial tensions so *he* can have a pathetic rationilization for *his* racist tendencies to rear their head.....fraud-:alert:

if anyone has shown *true* colors of being a *true* racist it's clearly this OG clown. being an actual racist aside, which may very well be true in his case, he is clearly a racial instigator who gets off on abusing the issue of race for his own delight...maybe he is a sick fool who really gets off on racism; or, more likely, he's just a bitter fool with a chip on his shoulder looking for excuses to be a loser...in yet another thread he shits on Rubio saying "we" need to get over the "great White hope" and that he's oh-so-sure if Rubio was black "we" wouldn't like him like this...why? well, i guess we just be RACISTS deep down.....

btw, OG, i won't even be charging you for this psychological deconstruction of your mind and soul.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I wanted to contribute an in depth analyses of J Hill but this thread seems to have gone a different route so i'll just say this:

Hill is a better defender and scorer than Lee plus he's a legitimate 6-10. Whether he rebounds at the same pace of Lee remains to be seen, either way its an upgrade.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I wanted to contribute an in depth analyses of J Hill but this thread seems to have gone a different route so i'll just say this:

Hill is a better defender and scorer than Lee plus he's a legitimate 6-10. Whether he rebounds at the same pace of Lee remains to be seen, either way its an upgrade.

By all means still contribute what you were going to say!

I honestly hate when any thread goes negativ too, and I especially hate to see one that I created go south!