Jordan Hill = Taller Balkman!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I wanted to contribute an in depth analyses of J Hill but this thread seems to have gone a different route so i'll just say this:

Hill is a better defender and scorer than Lee plus he's a legitimate 6-10. Whether he rebounds at the same pace of Lee remains to be seen, either way its an upgrade.

I don't think we can say he's an upgrade over Lee yet. Although Lee has many negatives (e.g. defense, shooting, etc.) he has some intangibles that I don't think Hill will have. Lee is a great outlet passer and has great hands which are extremely valuable in the run-and-gun system. He also just always seems to be in the right place at the right time. I have my doubts about Hill. Being 6'10" and athletic sometimes just isn't enough.

*Edit*: I guess I'm a racist now for saying Lee might be better than Hill.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I've always said that Lee's rebounding ability is a product of his lack of defense. I'm not taking anything away from him BUT if you watch Lee play and get those rebounds, most of the time it's because he's not going hard at contesting shots and therefore gets himself in perfect position to get most rebounds.

Now, I'm not saying that you can't contest and get a bulk of rebounds at the same time but I've seen many instances where he would not have been in position to get rebounds had he played tighter D on his man.

I've seen many Ariz games and Hill is a fundamental rebounder who contests just about every shot. I'm okay with him not posting a double double every night as long as he contributes some type of defensive presence in the paint. I like Lee but his rebounding numbers are a direct correlation to his defensive effort. Example: Ewing got dunked on by just about everyone in the league - WHY? because he contested EVERYTHING, so whenever I saw clips of him get posterized it never bothered me becasue I knew he was always trying to prevent a basket. Just my opinion.

CoolClyde

I've always said that Lee's rebounding ability is a product of his lack of defense. I'm not taking anything away from him BUT if you watch Lee play and get those rebounds, most of the time it's because he's not going hard at contesting shots and therefore gets himself in perfect position to get most rebounds.

Now, I'm not saying that you can't contest and get a bulk of rebounds at the same time but I've seen many instances where he would not have been in position to get rebounds had he played tighter D on his man.

I've seen many Ariz games and Hill is a fundamental rebounder who contests just about every shot. I'm okay with him not posting a double double every night as long as he contributes some type of defensive presence in the paint. I like Lee but his rebounding numbers are a direct correlation to his defensive effort. Example: Ewing got dunked on by just about everyone in the league - WHY? because he contested EVERYTHING, so whenever I saw clips of him get posterized it never bothered me becasue I knew he was always trying to prevent a basket. Just my opinion.

i'm a big David Lee fan, but I have to agree. good post.
:beer:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That one verse alone is > than anything you ever thought of in your entire life let alone anything you posted on this site. You have zero wit, live in a dream world and got bitch slapped without a single pic. Peace!

41140465.jpg

You got destroyed by me, OGKnickfan, metrocard, and metrocard's girlfriend, in the Brandon "Jennigs" thread. You later would end up getting ethered by Getrealistic, in your "apology" thread. Get the f*ck out of here, you fatass bum!

l_391bc70f8b9153df1af922170b68c39f.jpg

Ouch, OG got clowned by another rookie. Dude should have hung up his gloves months ago.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think we can say he's an upgrade over Lee yet. Although Lee has many negatives (e.g. defense, shooting, etc.) he has some intangibles that I don't think Hill will have. Lee is a great outlet passer and has great hands which are extremely valuable in the run-and-gun system. He also just always seems to be in the right place at the right time. I have my doubts about Hill. Being 6'10" and athletic sometimes just isn't enough.

*Edit*:
I guess I'm a racist now for saying Lee might be better than Hill.

You are a racist. Otherwise, you would not be so defensive, when someone on this thread voices their opinion.

smokes

Huge Member
Isn't it funny that when Gaybcd and OriginalGayDicksFan are not posting for a few days we actually get a lot of basketball discussion on these forums?! Weird coincedence there.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
You got destroyed by me, OGKnickfan, metrocard, and metrocard's girlfriend, in the Brandon "Jennigs" thread. You later would end up getting ethered by Getrealistic, in your "apology" thread. Get the f*ck out of here, you fatass bum!

How cute...first Mrs. Metrocard ran to her hubby's defense and failed and now you do the same for your boo! Good for you! :thumbsup:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Isn't it funny that when Gaybcd and OriginalGayDicksFan are not posting for a few days we actually get a lot of basketball discussion on these forums?! Weird coincedence there.

They were really busy with it being gay pride month. (notice they both CUM back on the same day)

They would have ducked anyway since the last week was about the Knicks future and not about non-Knicks that they have man crushes on.

metrocard

Legend
Ok. Obviously you have a complex that you cant get over. I said it b4 and ill say it again, i pull for knicks. If ur in a knicks jersey, and ur on the floor, i want you to do the best you can to bring us a win. Hell i wish eddy curry can come back and do some damage. I am a knickssexual.
You kicked my ass? lmaooo....pleeease show me the post when you did that! all you did was state the obvious, crawford is streaky, thin, and does not play defense.

Balkman is a high energy double double machine? hahahahhahaha
GET YA PUNK ASS DICK RIDING PER 35 MIN STATS OUTTA HERE....
they are meaningless unless the player is good enough to actually earn 36 minutes

balkman is a better defender than crawford, crawford is better offensively...craweford will never be a good defender, balkman will never hit 2 tree pointers in one game. whats ur point? u really try to get stripes by saying obvious shit, googling your life away with stats.....do u even have a real life other than ko,.com?

You were all over Crawford/Isiah one point...on some sick obsession shit.
I destroy you and embarassed you back in the day...thats why you don't hype them so much, and with their embarassing careers and exits in NYC...its even harder to even admit you loved them.

Facts are facts.
Funny thing, if the per 36 stats were favoring you; you wouldn't say ignore the stats.
You're just being a sore bitch.
Per 36 is an indicator of efficiency/productivity.

You're immature with it.
Balkman is a high energy player, more than Crawford's lethargic retarded ass.
Balkman is a double double guy, give the minutes, he gives you a double double on AVERAGE...on a good game he can give you more.

And please don't tell me Jamal Crawford deserved started minutes with his horrible defense and shot selection or I'll slap you dumb ass back to Himayka, mon.

You have no life to speak of to tell me that...truth, I don't really care honestly...your gonna either comeback with some sensitive shit like "I don't have to talk about my life online" or make up random shit like other lames did.

But you're different because you feel like you don't have to impress me, I actually respect u as a poster because when you're not on Isiah/Crawful's dick, you post some quality shit.

Obviously you hate Balkman and I hate Crawford.

Things will never change.

I'm just ****ing with you.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened

You are a racist. Otherwise, you would not be so defensive, when someone on this thread voices their opinion.

Another hot summer spent indoors, by SmokesDix, GayRealistic, LGAY, and Gayllion, typing away at KO's resident villain.

While these bitches were living their lives for the chance to read and response to me, I was actually doing 5hit and just now saw these slanderous lies.

And what a coincidence that everyone who jumped on my penis are all my victims!

And as for the new jack, that bitch is just turned on and wants attention. I know most people are asses, so I'm sure he's attracted to all of you and is trying to get some brownie points, so he can hit trillion fat ass.

So... all of you could just run a train on each other, for all I care. Pack of f'n homos.

PEACE!:afro:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened

Another hot summer spent indoors, by SmokesDix, GayRealistic, LGAY, and Gayllion, typing away at KO's resident villain.

While these bitches were living their lives for the chance to read and response to me, I was actually doing 5hit and just now saw these slanderous lies.

And as for the new jack, that bitch is just turned on and wants attention. I know most people are asses, so I'm sure he's attracted to all of you and is trying to get some brownie points, so he can hit trillion fat ass.

So... all of you could just run a train on each other, for all I care. Pack of f'n homos.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
I'm sorry, but Balkman and Hill are not similar. Donnie Walsh and Dantoni TRADED Balkman for pretty much NOTHING. Now, are we led to believe they drafted Hill because they remind them of Balkman's great game? Makes no sense. WATCH THEIR GAMES. Not their looks lol. If this wasn't about looks, then why have pictures of Balkman and Hill on the 1st post? We all know what they look like. No need for photos lol.

Now start a thread saying Brandon Jennings is similar to Hot Sauce then I might agree lol. I don't know. No offense though. Peace.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I have to disagree with those who say he doesn't have the same intensity as Balkman.

He does, this kid all high energy. I doesn't look that way due to his size. A smaller dude will usually look more energetic (smaller legs hence more strides looks like they are moving faster, smaller height so jumping high looks more impressive, etc).

You could classify him as a taller balkman with offense. Not just a J, post moves, and finishing ability too.

I think Hill has all the same tools as balkman and then some, just that balkman is lacking Hill's tools.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
NYK NYK's Observation

NYK NYK's observation that Lee's lack of defense contributes to his rebounding prowess has the ring of truth. It makes sense. The same is perhaps true for Zach Randolph. This makes Eddy Curry an enigma. He plays no defense and gets only the rebounds that fall into his hands.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Exactly, so even though I like Lee as a player I think he has gotten comfortable with playing loose D and rebounding off of it. Hill appears to want to block shots so i'm all for giving him a chance. If Lee is traded, it wouldn't bother me. We've raised his stock as high as it will go... unless he develops a consistent mid-range.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
a good thread gets tainted, at least og provides smart basketball info, abcd never seems to say anything useful, why is he still on this site?

smokes

Huge Member
a good thread gets tainted, at least og provides smart basketball info, abcd never seems to say anything useful, why is he still on this site?

Yeah, OG used to be a good poster dunno what happened. Can't really respect a guy that gets ethered by a 15 post rookie though :(

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

For someone who is supposedly working on your second master's degree, your mastery of the English language is atrocious and is only eclipsed by your inability to face reality. Now, you come back calling everyone by a "gay" variant of their name thinking you are witty yet I have been calling you ObviouslyGayDickFan for months in addition to MSgay and Gay.b.c.d. :oops: Then you pull a metrocard and claim how great your life is and how we all spend time on this website while you have more posts than us and were able to lurk on other forums to find Msg's "Kobe homo thread" just to run here like a schoolgirl to post it. :whisper: I bet in your fantasy world you actually think you came up with those lines of attacks all by your self!:teeth: You don't have an original bone in your body!

Bottom line is you try so hard to be a supervillian but can only achieve the status of the first of all the Joker's henchmen that were taken out by an extra in the Dark Night...You don't even last to the opening credits. That "new jack" straight owned you, captured your essence and left you unable to refute a single thing he said.

Paul1355

All Star
LOL! You are right what is bolded can be applied to any athletic big man. But how ambitous/nieve would it look if I used say Dwight Howard or even Al Hortford to compare him to, Who's strengths and weakeness are pretty similar to Hill's too!

More then the dreads, they do have a lot in common and the comparison was made between a current Knick player and a past Knick player to put perspective on a player that in all actuality none of us has seen play more than once, if even that! We are all familar with Balkman's game

Oh and yes they both have dreads, lol!

Not to mention I never said they were "the same", there are no two players in the leauge who are the same. You cant take any Sports comparison literally. I mean is Lebron an exact replica of Oscar Robertson or a bigger stronger version of!?

The Balkman example is not a insult, Balkman would've have been much better had he been a little bit bigger. Add some size and strength to a player (see Lebron example above) and it is an improvement in just about any sport!

Thanks.

I wouldnt want any knick player to be compared to balkman and if you really think jordan hill reminds you alot of balkman then we should worry...

i never liked balkman and never will and the comparison scared me. thats why i had to say something.

if any ahtletic guy that is balkmans height was taller of course he'd be better...but the amount of times balkman choked on the easiest shots shows that he was never worth a first round pick and i'm pickin jordan hill to be a good PF in this league with some time. balkman on the other hand can turn to be like trevor ariza...but i see it as a long shot